Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Chickenpox advice

(4 Posts)
SillyMillysMummy Mon 15-Jun-09 08:20:40

I am a cm. My own dd came down with Chickenpox around 3 weeks ago, I contacted all parents let them know and tell them that dh would be keeping her away from the setting but it was their decision if they wanted to keep their children away, they all still came. Now one of mindees has come out with spots, I feel guilty but have another little boy today, seen as he will have already been infectious for a couple of weeks, must I exclude him?

HSMM Mon 15-Jun-09 09:15:22

When my DD had chickenpox all the parents decided that they were happy for their children to be exposed. I stayed open and every 2 weeks another child came out in spots. It meant we couldn't go to toddlers, etc for ages, but never mind. I must stress this was agreed with ALL the parents, so I was able to do it.

SillyMillysMummy Mon 15-Jun-09 09:29:17

Thats my thought, as long as parents agree can i continue to have this child? and do i get this in writing? i usually do things with them during the day by text, so this would be in writing?

HSMM Mon 15-Jun-09 09:40:23

Yes. I would get it in writing, just to cover yourself if anyone complains later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now