Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

calling nanny tax gurus

(4 Posts)
majorstress Wed 11-May-05 15:25:09

ok you clever employers of nannies. What if you have a different nanny every day of the week and are paying each of them below whatever the threshold is to trigger payment of tax? Could you not have to pay tax then?

OF COURSE I would never stoop to such lows, I LOVE giving my entire income to the tax man and the nanny. It is purely hypothetical...

Easy Wed 11-May-05 15:28:16

Just off the top of my head I think this could work. But you would have to keep records to prove it, and you would still need to do end-of-year documents for them.

And think of the problem of finding these part-timers, not to mention the disruption to the kiddie-winks.

Tinker Wed 11-May-05 15:36:36

Why don't you contact the Revenue and see what they say?

hatsoff Wed 11-May-05 15:38:34

And if they went and found themselves alternative employment for the other 4 days then their other employer would get all the tax free allowance allocated to them and you'd pay tax on the whole lot. Unless you can find 5 people who are happy to live on £3 grand a year or whatever it is it ain't going to work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now