Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders:adhoc childcare

(11 Posts)
dorset Sun 14-Jun-09 20:39:35

I am thinking of doing adhoc childcare and was wondering what to charge? Do you charge your normal hourly rate?

I do smile
I do think some childminders may charge more but I charge my normal hourly rate however for adhoc care I don't offer a sibling discount.

hth

KatyMac Sun 14-Jun-09 21:56:08

I charge a £10 registration fee & an extra 15% on my hourly fee

The registration fee is £10 because the NCMA contracts & my time (to complete them) are worth quite a bit & I had people registering & then never using me

dorset Sun 14-Jun-09 21:59:58

Thanks guys.

gigglinggoblin Sun 14-Jun-09 22:12:39

I was planning to do this over the summer, I dont want to commit to a lot but every now and then would fund a few days out! Do you ask for cash up front (ie before they leave the child) or do you thinkn that is unreasonable? I can see people diappearing if you invoice them but am a bit crap at demanding money!

KatyMac Sun 14-Jun-09 22:21:26

I ask them to pay by bank tranfer or cash when they book

If they don't pay I don't reserve the space

gigglinggoblin Sun 14-Jun-09 22:25:20

I was assuming people might want help at short notice so was going to ask them to bring cash on the day and allow 15 mins to sign contracts. Is that realistic? And what do you do about policies, does it matter they wont read them?

you are fab katy

KatyMac Sun 14-Jun-09 22:38:50

I won't do that......I did & ended up in a mess

They have to sign up in advance - even if it's at 9pm the day before hmm

It might work for you, but it didn't for me

gigglinggoblin Sun 14-Jun-09 22:46:23

Hmmm, I will keep that in mind, I thought it might be ok my way but I guess you never know, if someone turns up with no cash I would find it hard to turn the child away. Yes you are prob right it wont work. See I said you were fab!

KatyMac Sun 14-Jun-09 22:52:43

I am a cynical & untrusting CMer

Sorry

ThePrisoner Mon 15-Jun-09 19:08:40

If I have a space, then I am happy to offer care on an ad hoc basis. I charge my normal hourly rate, expect payment at the end of the time here, and have not ever had a problem with it.

It has only ever been for people I "know" - maybe someone from toddler group for instance (so may not know them that well!!)

I also tend to get quite a few schoolchildren doing odd days during school holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now