Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club: Discounts for siblings?

(6 Posts)
lunavix Wed 11-May-05 10:32:20

My 'official' prices are £3.40 per hour part time, or £3 per hour full time, which is in line with local CMs, but I'm happy to take £3, which is what I offered my mindee (who is parttime).

I've an interview this morning for twins, and I know a lot of CMs offer sibling discount, how much is this discount usually? I was thinking of rounding it down to £3 each (effectively a 80p discount, which I know is a lot but definately makes me more affordable for two.)

What do you think?

zubb Wed 11-May-05 10:40:49

We pay £2.50 for one or £4 for 2 in our area, so get a 20% discount for siblings.
What is usual in your area - can you ask the other CMs?

alibubbles Wed 11-May-05 10:58:39

If you offer a discount for siblings, ( I don't, they eat the same, I don't give them 20% less food, and have the same amount of care etc) the best way to do it is charge less for the older one and more for the younger. The older one may go off to nursery or school and you will then have one left on a lower rate, which would be hard to increase to your normal rate all in one jump.

Twins are a different matter, if they are young and you think you are likey to have them for a while, I would reduce it slightly to say, £3.25 as a goodwill gesture, but make sure you increase it after a year.

KatieMac Wed 11-May-05 11:31:36

I agree with Alibubbles - I don't discount for my twins - but I'm a bit flexible about being late, dropping off early etc (I can afford to be generous as it doesn't cost me)

blodwen Wed 11-May-05 18:16:42

I don't offer a sibling discount either. If you didn't have the twins you could take two children from different families and earn more. Siblings are no less work.

Bonkerz Wed 11-May-05 18:23:08

I offer a 5% discount if siblings are part time and 10% discount if full time so for 2 full time siblings my fee would be £180 instead of £200.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now