Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

VIP Family?

(7 Posts)
Supernanny19 Fri 12-Jun-09 18:53:24

So many agencys have ads for VIP familys but could someone tell me how IMPORTANT or Famous they have to be to be classed as VIP?
I know its a fairly stupid question but just been wondering wink

Oligo Fri 12-Jun-09 21:08:33

Often it is just in the country where job is advertised for. In Middle east jobs it often means a royal family but this is A LOT of people. Doesn't necessarily mean famous but can just be crazy rich/political influence etc.

There are a lot of well known people around in diff. circles so I would say VIPs vary in intensity and might just be family themselves or more likely their PA/PR people insisting on it.

I have seen VVIP also. I suppose VIPs can gernerally afford/expect to have nannies disproportionally to the rest of us!

Agency people reading this might like to comment.

nannynick Sat 13-Jun-09 00:34:42

No idea... maybe they need to be on the 2009 Rich List or some other list such as Forbes 100.

nannyL Sat 13-Jun-09 07:36:12

my old bosses were on the rich list

but neither they (nor I) considered them VIP's and i bet no one would have herd of them!

I would NOT like to work for a family where you are followed by paparai everywhere / need to be accompanied by police etc

nannyL Sat 13-Jun-09 07:42:24

my old bosses were on the rich list

but neither they (nor I) considered them VIP's and i bet no one would have herd of them!

I would NOT like to work for a family where you are followed by paparai everywhere / need to be accompanied by police etc

mananny Sun 14-Jun-09 20:05:14

I did stage 1 of several interviews for a VVIP and actually I turned down any further interviews as the job albeit exciting (given the family's identity) was of itself not my cup of tea. Like others have said there's a wide spectrum of importantness and it all depends on what the parents do, wealth, influence, popularity etc. I now have a job starting soon with VIP's in the business world, and they are VIP's on the basis of their status in the companies they work for, so I doubt anyone off the street would know who they are but in their respective fields they are extremely well known. I like this "anonymous" VIP thing as they won't have security and paparazzi but they will be flying 1st class and staying in lush hotels (private suite for the nanny yay me )

Personally I think it's all about the chemistry between you and the parents: if everyone is on the same page regarding all the fundamentals then whether they are VIP or not, the working relationship is likely to be successful and the experience a positive one for everyone. Common sense really.

frAKKINPannikin Mon 15-Jun-09 15:54:33

VIP is a state of mind IMO!

If a family considers themselves importan then they'll put on the ad that they're VIP.

True VIP families: film or TV stars, royalty or titled, where one member of the family has to have security due to their job (some lawyers, political figures etc.), owners of very large companies, people on hit-lists.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now