Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Advice needed for termination of contract

(5 Posts)
newishminder Thu 11-Jun-09 14:47:13

A parent terminated the contract yesterday.
The advice I need is, she used to pay me weekly so she owes me money for this week and then for another four weeks (4 weeks notice reuquired for termination of contract)I really dont think she is going to pay me tomorrow so I have written a letter stating what she owes me. How long should I give her to pay me?
The amount outstanding is £315 so Its alot of money
Thanks
Newishminder

HSMM Thu 11-Jun-09 15:20:32

Are you going to be looking after the children for the next 4 weeks? If you are, you can collect the money weekly as usual. If not, then just hope she forks up the money asap - I would probably give her up to 4 weeks, as she pays weekly normally (she may not be able to afford to pay it all up front)

newishminder Thu 11-Jun-09 19:53:38

Thanks HSMM
No I wont be having the child anymore.
I think in the letter Ill put to pay weekly for the next four weeks.
Thanks for your help

shoshe Thu 11-Jun-09 20:27:26

A quick tip, I always get paid monthly in advance, but used to get paid weekly, when I did I always insisted on two weeks payment as a deposit, which was returnable, on completion of contract, including notice period.

If they didnt pay notice, or defaulted on payent, they they forfieted the deposit.

newishminder Thu 11-Jun-09 21:49:05

Thanks for the tip shoshe, Ill be doing that in the furture!
Advice is very much taken onboard and im very thankful for you taking time in replying.
This has been extremly upsetting for me and I never want to go through what ive been through the last couple of days ever again
newishminderx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now