Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Grrr - just need to VENT!

(6 Posts)
dontknowwhat2do Thu 11-Jun-09 14:36:52

Stupid stupid Ofsted! Having sent them in a letter about moving house they apparently have no record of this - despite me phoning to check that it had been received and sending it recorded delivery.

So, no inspection for us to be able to move on Saturday.

Ofsteds solution - you can continue to mind as long as you dont get paid for it! Or reduce the hours to under 2 per day!

Hmmm, dont think the parents would be thrilled with that idea.

So, Im going to have to issue a 'refund' as I charge in advance.

Do you think it would be ok to increase my hourly fees to double next month to cover the week or so that it would take Ofsted to come and inspect?!

Obviously this would not affect the parents, they would pay the same as they would have usually.

GRRRR! Feel a bit better now...

atworknotworking Thu 11-Jun-09 16:19:01

Hang on a minuite that sounds a bit wierd I moved 2 and a bit years ago, they took 5 months to come and check my new place out, they said i could continue under the terms of my previous registration till they could renew it, it meant I couldnt let mindees upstairs which was a bit of a hmm cos the only toilet in our new house was upstairs, they kindly said mindees could go to the loo grin. I would ring the compliance team and double check they are definately coming next week, I could not have gone without being paid for 5 months I don't see why they won't let you work under your previous reg, as long as you have done new risk assessments etc, as long as ofsted have been informed and are on the way IYSWIM.

Failing that I would think parents would be pretty understanding, mine would do this or just re-do invoices as pre-payments for July?
then when get paperwork sorted do invoice for June hmm

karalathecamel Thu 11-Jun-09 17:41:39

If it was sent by recorded delivery then there will be a record of who received it and you can start kicking up a stink - they need to examine their own in-house procedures.

thesilverlining Thu 11-Jun-09 19:46:00

um why are they insisting on an inspection?

I sent a detailed risk assessment of my new house and they simply approved it and sent through the new certificate.....

no inspector and the whole thing took about a week to process

HTH

shoshe Thu 11-Jun-09 20:33:38

I did the same,risk assessment sent in, and a new certificate didnt arrive, phone calls and finally given a email address, sent risk assessment in by email and certificate came straight out.

Stamp your feet ask to speak to the complaints department.

Which ofsted region do you come under, someone here may have a email address for your local complaints, they dont like giving it out, I got the name and email of who deals here, out of the Bristol office

thebody Fri 12-Jun-09 08:01:35

I complained to Ofsted about them loosing my CRB details twice and if you kick ass trust me they cave.. You must put the complaint in WRITING though.. good luck..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now