Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Please help parents - from prospective nanny

(5 Posts)
AnnaInManchester Tue 10-May-05 18:05:20

Hello everyone, I am a nanny, just been asked to go down south for an interview this sunday. I was all for the job before, but suddenly realised with everything happening lately, I have suddenly got cold feet. I havent agreed to the interview yet, just swapped 3 emails with the kiddies mother. How can I tell her that Im not interested anymore without getting her angry or causing her offence?

bambi06 Tue 10-May-05 18:15:44

be honest and just say you`ve suddenly realised that you relly are not ready to move away from....(wherever you live) and really sorry that you feel you may have wasted their time but wish them well in finding the right candidate for the job and say it was for the best now as not to waste everybody`s time any further..

AnnaInManchester Tue 10-May-05 18:17:35

thanks bambi you're a star. are you a momma?

bambi06 Tue 10-May-05 18:20:56

yes and i was a nanny for many years so good luck and you`ll soon find the right job..

majorstress Wed 11-May-05 15:29:02

As a parent I would have LOVED if my prospective candidates would have done this, rather than not show, or even worse, show up then bolt when their turn came! Good on you for thinking it through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now