Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Is one sick incedent enough to ecxlude them?

(10 Posts)
Booh Wed 10-Jun-09 17:51:25

I am so sorry to ask such a daft question.

But a mindee was sick, just this once today. She has been off her food and had tummy ache, she is 2.

I guess that I do really need to exclude for 48 hours.

Oh, and another mindees brother has a sick bug, and another little girl that is another CM's child has a sick bug too

KatyMac Wed 10-Jun-09 18:10:57

They should have gone home when they were sick, rather than stayed until the end of the day

Def 48 hours or you will be off with it closed & earning no money

Booh Wed 10-Jun-09 18:23:43

Well, I have just spoken to mum who is saying that the child is now fine and eaten tea etc and playing as normal.

Child was sick while mum was on way to me from work when it happened.......

Damm, going to have to have awful conversation aren't I? And its a friend......

JenniPenni Wed 10-Jun-09 18:25:41

Friend or no... there are policies in place for a reason. If you get ill you'll offer her no care for possibly more than the 48 hours...

thebody Wed 10-Jun-09 18:26:59

not at all,its the recommended time out for a sick child, tell her its Ofsted rules and if you break them you could be suspended under health and safety laws!!! do the trick and stop questions...

Booh Wed 10-Jun-09 19:42:23

well, this isn't going down well.

atworknotworking Wed 10-Jun-09 19:51:02

H Booh, I think the girls are right, I do 48 hrs after the last evacuation top or bottom, these things spread loads if you get it then you will be off, and if other mindees get it they will be so will lose money whichever way you look at it and parents will not be to happy if they find out you were caring for a child knowing it had a tummy bug. Do the health n safety thing 48hrs, welfare requirements, policys etc.

I'm sure this mindees mum wouldn't want her DC catching it from another mindee works both ways.

Booh Wed 10-Jun-09 20:00:06

I just don't have the energy after working for 13hours to deal with this today

I lost a weeks earnings last year - and 3 parents had the inconvenience of noone to look after their DCS because a parent 'forgot' to tell me their dc had been sick through the night - and then couldn't be contacted when the said child projectile vomitted over my living room hmm. It then went through my own 3 kids who had been playing with the child angry.

You should stick to your guns and the current guidelines. If the parent was vomiting, would they go to work hmm

KatyMac Wed 10-Jun-09 21:43:04

FGS give her a copy of this you don't make the rules

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now