Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Advice about childminders and maternity leave please

(3 Posts)
tommypickles Wed 10-Jun-09 11:53:55

I am a childminder, I'm thinking about, maybe, having another baby. Does anyone know how much you get paid on maternity leave and long you get paid it? Have taken ML before but I had been in previous emolyment, rather than self employed, so got a % of my salary, but don't know how it all works now. TIA

nannynick Wed 10-Jun-09 12:06:26

I think you get Maternity Allowance. Some childminders don't take very long off at all... I'm sure some will be along later to tell you how short a period of time off they had!

Maternity Allowance currently pays: £123.06 or 90 per cent of your average gross weekly earnings (before tax), whichever is the smaller. Maternity Allowance Rates

tommypickles Wed 10-Jun-09 12:17:31

Oh god, OK that's not much....no wonder people don't take long off. If I was to another baby I would plan to take a year off, but it'll be one hell of a pay cut!! Thanks Nick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now