Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

OFSTED: i think it is going to be today.

(25 Posts)
Numberfour Tue 09-Jun-09 06:30:12

My son will be home from preschool, it is wet and miserable outside, my house is tiny and i will have 3 children in it and other than home made play dough, NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THEM!!

how ridiculous is that? been minding now for over 3 years and today i am stumped as to what to do......

giraffesCantRunA10k Tue 09-Jun-09 06:51:46

What ages? sticky pictures, chat about rain - songs about rain, stories - possibly in a home made tent?

Good luck

Numberfour Tue 09-Jun-09 07:13:12

20 months and 2 x 4 year olds.

love the home made tent - they will love it

thinking also of home made play dough - easy and lovely if it does not get sticky!!

20 month old will just want to charge around

my DS will want to play computer games and watch Tom and Jerry

the 4 year old will want to dress up and make a card for mum

sorted!!!

except for the tv...................

HSMM Tue 09-Jun-09 08:00:08

Have they got wellies and umbrellas? Show how you go outside whatever the weather?

atworknotworking Tue 09-Jun-09 08:00:51

OOOO good luck, I'm sure you will be fine I usually find that everythig I plan goes to pot and I end up just going with the flow, I ended up singing nursery rhymes to my last inspector hmmblush must of been ok though cos got a good report grin

Just do what you always do have you got some toys that the mindees havn't played with for a while? (we have some very annoying, noisy things that only come out occassionally) or why dont you make some feely boxes, put a load of kitchen type things in a shoe box with a cover on and see in the kids can guess what they are?

All the best let us know how you got on.

HSMM Tue 09-Jun-09 08:00:53

They can collect soggy leaves and present them to the inspector grin

coolj Tue 09-Jun-09 08:06:43

Aww good luck, just be yourself, do what you normally do and pretend you just have a friend visiting. No point getting stressed. At the end of the day you, your mindees parents and kids know you do a good job.

Numberfour Tue 09-Jun-09 08:11:38

thanks, everyone.....

so so so so so so nervous.

shoshe Tue 09-Jun-09 08:31:31

Comes in just to hold N0.4's hand

You will do brilliant girl, just remember the anticipation of them coming is worse than them being there.

And if nothing else, picture them as CM's/Mums to toddlers, sitting on the loo, with one toddler drawing on the wall, and the other shouthing 'Muuuuuuuuuuuuuum where are you'

We and they have all been there. grin

crace Tue 09-Jun-09 08:33:22

Oh bless you, hope today goes great - just be yourself.. you will do great.

crace Tue 09-Jun-09 08:34:29

(PS - I find having them talk about themselves is very useful!) The one I had "knew it all" and was very happy to talk talk talk about herself and saving the worlds problems. Definitely distracted from the actual inspection! lol grin

leonifay Tue 09-Jun-09 08:55:24

just wanted to wish you luck. i really hope it goes well for you

Good luck grin

skankywitch Tue 09-Jun-09 12:03:42

I am loving your strategy crace.

Good luck numberfour xx

Numberfour Tue 09-Jun-09 16:10:39

all done

got good!! very pleased because last inspection was satisfactory!!

YAY!!! all over for 3 years!

now for a cup of tea..........................

atworknotworking Tue 09-Jun-09 16:27:03

FANTASTIC! grin

Well done, you can relax for ages now

<<sending virtual chockies and wine>>

Numberfour Tue 09-Jun-09 16:44:49

i have put the wine in the fridge for when the schoolie leaves, thanks, atworketc.

chocs were scoffed before i replied grin

shoshe Tue 09-Jun-09 16:47:24

well done No.4, DH HAS o take you out at the weekend now grin

nannynick Tue 09-Jun-09 16:55:50

Well done, great news.

Wine in the fridge... that's the idea... roll on last mindee leaving for the day.

Numberfour Tue 09-Jun-09 17:12:02

my idea exactly, Nannynick

Shoshe, being taken out would be better than DH storming out, suitcase packed, as he did on Saturday!!!!! let's say we had a stormy weekend.

Blame it on OFSTED.

not yet kissed and made up, but at least i phoned him with my news and he was very pleased for me (or was that relieved for his sake? grin

YAHOO!!!! IT'S OVER FOR 3 YEARS!!!!!!

now back to EYP.

leonifay Tue 09-Jun-09 17:19:34

yea, congratulations and well done grin

coolj Tue 09-Jun-09 17:31:57

We all knew you could do it. Congratulations girl. smile

giraffesCantRunA10k Tue 09-Jun-09 19:48:37

well done

Well done you - the weight of that skyscraper is now removed from your shoulders grin.

Enjoy the wine - you deserve it smile

mumlove Tue 09-Jun-09 22:11:18

Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now