Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Happy to be graded Outstanding again but.......

(13 Posts)
skankywitch Mon 08-Jun-09 15:12:20

I thought by filling in the SEF online it was meant to make the inspection shorter !!! She was here for 3 hrs which is exactly the same as before sef. She also said they will be doing away with sef very soon. She was a very lovely and wise inspector and answered all my EYFS questions very well (am now thinking if I hadn't asked so many questions she might not have stayed for so long grin.

I have decided to throw a bbq for all my lovely parents/kids past and present to say thanks to them all for all the support, references, questionnaires and signatures on endless pieces of paper.

I am very pleased with myself.

and so you should be!

Congratulations hun !!!

Interesting they are doing away with SEF are they going to bring in something worse instead!!!!

Enjoy your bbq smile

stomp Mon 08-Jun-09 21:03:26

Congratulations!

doing away with the SEF??? Ooo goodie grin i'm still wading through mine- maybe i'll stop wink

Numberfour Mon 08-Jun-09 21:28:34

well done to you!! i think my inspection is tomorrow.

skankywitch Tue 09-Jun-09 12:08:46

Thanks everyone.

Does anyone know if Ofsted will be throwing a party for Outstanding childminders they did last time I got it (not just for me grin) but the outstanding grading had just been brought in.

VeryCheekyMonkey Thu 25-Jun-09 12:48:02

Yes apparenly there will be a party in the autumn i received a letter recently xgrin

VeryCheekyMonkey Thu 25-Jun-09 12:48:43

Yes apparenly there will be a party in the autumn i received a letter recently xgrin

skankywitch Fri 26-Jun-09 18:22:57

Cool I didn't go to the last party for getting outstanding as I was working !!! but I definitely be going to this one. Have you been to one before verycheekymonkey ?* can you remember if they have booze with meal blush

Well done on your outstanding it takes a lot of hard work to get one.

2anddone Fri 26-Jun-09 20:22:50

Beware my friend got Outstanding in 2007/08 and was invited to their conference and party for outstanding providers. It was a conference with crappy buffet lunch and she had to spend all day doing work to help make the 'How to be a better provider' booklet ''learning from the best'. That was delivered last year! Hopefully as everyone was mighty peed off and voiced it apparently! They will hopefully give a real party this time around. Congratulations on the outstandings esp now all the EYFS is here too grin

VeryCheekyMonkey Fri 26-Jun-09 23:19:24

Thanks skanky Sorry My first outstanding - (it was only my second inspection)so I've not been before - I bloody hope there's booze with the meal, i think its the least we deserve !!grin and yes alot of hard work ! but kind of worth it right - it did feel good when she told me blush
Do you get to bring a partner as my sister (also CM) just about missed out on outstanding(it was her first inspection a week after mine) and she really wants to come.grin - she will also be expecting booze grin

Thanks also 2anddone xx

Katymac Fri 26-Jun-09 23:28:00

No partners

I don't drink so I didn't notice wine

I went in 05/06 & the food was disappointing

Altogether a disappointing day

VeryCheekyMonkey Sat 27-Jun-09 00:45:30

ooooooooohhhh now I'm reeaaallly Excited hmm thanks for the info katymac smile

skankywitch Sat 27-Jun-09 16:36:43

I know several childminders who went to the London area Ofsted outstanding do and they said food was fab and they had a really great day.

Fingers crossed they put on a good party for us, especially as it will be my last outstanding ( not doing tons of paperwork anymore just the basics)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now