Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

1st Inspection after registering.

(5 Posts)
Elliea123 Mon 08-Jun-09 14:34:37

Just wandering what people are finding in their first "proper" inspection after reigistering? I had mine today, very nice lady and she seemed happy with most things, however I got a Satisfactory, as she pulled me up on a few things. I'm happy with that for my first inspection and know what I need to work on now, but would like to know what other people are getting first time round?

Hey hun,

Haven't had mine yet but will be due it very soon. I am desperately hoping for a "Good" but wouldn't be shocked if I got "Satisfactory".

My friend, who is a fantastic childminder, recently had her first inspection and also got a "satisfactory".

I think its the word "satisfactory" that makes you feel deflated - its not a nice word but it means you are meeting all of the children's needs so that's brilliant!

I really think they should rename the grading to "all requirements met" or something!!!

thebody Mon 08-Jun-09 16:29:59

you have dont bloody well, dont be down, they have to pick on something to justify their jobs dont they..

hchildminder Mon 08-Jun-09 21:20:32

What things were you pulled up on?!

Elliea123 Mon 08-Jun-09 21:31:42

Thanks for your replies, there was only a few things she mentioned: need to have risk assesments for ALL outings, including school run, hadn't linked my ob's to eyfs GOALS( I had linked them to the development stages), my certificate was in my portfolio, and not on the wall, and when the kids asked to go outside and I said it was too wet, she told me at the end that I should've let them go out.
Hope this helps any of you that are due for inspection soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now