Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Toilet Training Advice please

(7 Posts)
looneytune Mon 08-Jun-09 13:07:58

I've got a little girl (2.3) who arrived this morning in knickers and her mum provided 2 spare pairs of knickers. I was on the drive getting the kids out of the car after the school run so was a bit pre-occupied and didn't think about the fact she hadn't provided changes of clothes. Anyway, dad came back with 2 sets of spare clothes.

I'm down to the last pair of knickers and will be putting her down for a nap shortly. Mum did this with knickers yesterday and all was fine but if she does have an accident, I have no knickers left. I've texted mum and waiting to hear what she'd like me to do.

Thinking ahead to Wednesday when I next have her, how many spares do you think I should say they need to bring? It's a VERY long time since I did this and that little one didn't have accidents really.

Any advice would be fab, thanks

HSMM Mon 08-Jun-09 13:13:51

My advice: Bring a mop when you come to my house on Thursday! grin Only joking. I have hard floors, so they can be swabbed down easily. Can you leave a potty easily accessible for her, or will the other children want to play with it? Has she been wearing clothes at home, or have they been letting her run around naked? Clothes confuse some children.

looneytune Mon 08-Jun-09 13:16:35

Good point, I'll check re the clothes! Can't leave a potty out as ds2 would just put it on his head as a hat (tried!! grin) Mum said no need for potty as she CAN hold it on whilst going to the toilet but I'm not sure??? She's not been on the toilet so far, just sat playing and done a wee then said 'done a wee'. Anyway, will check with mum about clothes, thanks

looneytune Mon 08-Jun-09 13:53:46

Mum said was in clothes at home so we're sticking with that. Sooooo, how many sets of things do I get her to bring?? hmm

Scarfmaker Mon 08-Jun-09 13:59:03

I would say at the beginning when they are still having lots of accidents maybe two or three sets of knickers, trousers, socks (and a spare pair of shoes as they get wet too).

I always pick up bits at jumble sales, boot sales as spares anyway and have some I keep indoors. Also, knickers in Primark are only 1.00 - 1.50 sometimes for 4 or 5 pairs so I get some of those too. It saves the hassle of having to ask parents all the time.

looneytune Mon 08-Jun-09 14:05:43

Thanks. Will try and get to primark some time but tbh, I hardly ever get the chance to go to the shops! Do online shopping and always busy with other things when not working. I didn't know they were trying until this morning so there's certainly nothing I can do until the weekend but I'll ask them to bring a few sets in.

HSMM Mon 08-Jun-09 17:52:55

Yes .... shoes! They always wee standing up and soak their shoes! Good point scarfmaker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now