Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Found a CM we like and want to take her on, what is the best time to call?

(15 Posts)
saadia Sun 07-Jun-09 14:43:44

Am thinking weekdays are not good as she is working and then tired in the evening so is Sunday late afternoon (4/5pm) OK?

I prefer calls in weekdays during business hours or perhaps up till around 9pm is fine for me personally, If I am busy I will either take a number and call back or let it go to answerphone.

I do not like calls on weekends or after 9pm ( you'd be surprised!!) this is my relaxation time and time to put all thoughts of CMing out of my head.

Hope you all get on when/if you meet and she wants to take you on. grin

saadia Sun 07-Jun-09 14:58:14

Thanks TheOtherMaryPoppinsDiets, so perhaps not a good idea to call today. We met her yesterday and liked her and she is highly recommended by friend. Maybe an e-mail would be better.

looneytune Sun 07-Jun-09 15:10:17

I don't mind when people call, I just let the answerphone get it if I'm not wanting to talk for any reason. I would not be happy with a call after 9pm but I'd take calls during the day or in the evening/weekend. If it's difficult for me to talk, I just ask if I can call them back.

But we're all different

looneytune Sun 07-Jun-09 15:12:14

Just to add, if I wasn't happy with calls outside of working hours then I personally would have a seperate phone for business use and switch it off when not working. For me it's ever so difficult to have a proper conversation when I'm working due to the kids needing my attention and we're out most mornings doing activities. You could try email (I personally see mine come through throughout the day) but not everyone checks their email often.

saadia, if you arranged to meet her on a weekend then I would assume she'd be ok with a phone call on a weekend, as looneytune rightly says, we are all different smile

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 07-Jun-09 16:02:17

i would ring today and leave a message saying you would love her to be your cm and ask her to ring you back at a time that is convientant (sp) to her to sort out details

you dont want her to get filled up with other children

crace Sun 07-Jun-09 16:22:32

Definitely call, if they aren't around or don't feel like picking up as LT said they would have a separate line. Don't want to miss a place!

crace Sun 07-Jun-09 16:22:32

Definitely call, if they aren't around or don't feel like picking up as LT said they would have a separate line. Don't want to miss a place!

HSMM Sun 07-Jun-09 16:59:21

I am happy for people to call me any day between 9am and 9pm. I won't answer the phone if I am driving, eating, at the cinema, etc, but otherwise, no problem.

twopeople Sun 07-Jun-09 17:03:40

Message withdrawn

saadia Sun 07-Jun-09 17:26:22

oh. lots more replies, thanks everyone, will give her a call.

BradfordMum Sun 07-Jun-09 17:30:14

when Ive had a parent come and visit, I like to know ASAP whether the want to use my services, so am happy to be phoned/emailed ANYTIME!

Lets be honest, if a parent calls you saying they want to use you, most of us would bend over to be accomodating. This is why they choose us!
If they phone you and you snap at them, they'll probably rethink their decision, I know I would!

Sounds like it's just me who likes to have a bit of peace and quiet when I'm not at work then!! I assure I would not ever snap at anyone if they did ring at the weekend though!!

saadia Sun 07-Jun-09 19:22:40

Thanks again everyone, we have spoken and arranged to take dcs over next week. Am quite excited now and relieved that things are all hopefully in place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now