Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

FRIDAY STAFF ROOM

(11 Posts)
coolj Fri 05-Jun-09 08:37:40

Is nobody about this lovely morning.

Im just waiting for 2 mindees to arrive and we are going to the library.

This afternoon all my after schoolies are going to soft play to run off some steam grin.

Have a good one smile

Shoshe Fri 05-Jun-09 08:48:09

I'm here with a 14 month asleep on my lap,she has been here on a overnight slept 12 hours till 7.30, but just climbed on my lap and dropped off again. grin

KatyMac Fri 05-Jun-09 08:57:44

Busy sorting photos atm & it is driving me mad

Numberfour Fri 05-Jun-09 09:29:25

Morning!

After dropping off schoolie and DS, I have no children until 12.25!!!!!

YAHOO!!!

ofsted prep recommences..................

crace Fri 05-Jun-09 13:48:15

I got the work! Settling in over next week, fulltime start on the 15th. Woohoo! Now just need to wrap my head around EYFS - thanks to Shoshe I've got all the risk assessments but the learning journeys/planning/spider gram... kill me now

crace Fri 05-Jun-09 13:48:15

I got the work! Settling in over next week, fulltime start on the 15th. Woohoo! Now just need to wrap my head around EYFS - thanks to Shoshe I've got all the risk assessments but the learning journeys/planning/spider gram... kill me now

crace Fri 05-Jun-09 13:48:45

So much I said it twice hmm

childminderundercover Fri 05-Jun-09 15:24:48

Hi everyone

I'm just making a bacon sarnie whilst mindees are napping (later than usual). Ds1 was nagging about going to after school club since a mindee switched to that (after I told mum I couldn't deal with her behaviour!). So he started today and will do Fridays til they break up in July Means no afternoon school run which is GREAT grin. I've given a cooked lunch today so will do a lunch time meal at tea time so all in all and nice and calm afternoon. Had my work experience girl again this morning, she's lovely so that's going well. Just need to eat now!!!

Crace - I'm soooooo pleased for you I've not been around much but how are you finding being back at work? Have you been busy? I really struggled when I first started back and wish I didn't have so many but that's a LONG time ago now. Can't believe ds2 will be ONE YEAR 2 weeks today!!! shock Where does the time go???!!

looneytune Fri 05-Jun-09 15:26:56

Bugger, bugger, bugger blush Quite clearly it's me!!! Please don't out me if you saw my other thread!!! (can't believe I forgot to change my name back!!!!)

coolj Fri 05-Jun-09 15:57:29

Im so angry. A mindee was due at 2.45 (just before we leave for school runs). I do school run at 1st school, then do run at mindees brother school, then my sons nursery. Anyway he didnt appear, couldnt contact house or both parents mobiles. I then had to leave to pick up first child, then I decided to go to nursery to pick up my own child. I took it that as mindee didnt show, the mother would pick up her other child but was still worried. When I got home I rang the childs school to make sure that he had been picked up.

Lo and behold he wasnt at school for the day??????

Would it really have been too much for the mother to contact me to tell me kids werent coming today. I have spent so much time on the phone trying to track everyone down angry.

Sorry, just needed to rant at someone blush

looneytune Fri 05-Jun-09 16:01:49

angry Happened to me once. Was an older child who walked and met me at the car. Didn't turn up one day so I looked for her, burst into tears as thought something had happened to her. Plucked up courage to call mum and she said 'oh, she's off sick today'. No apology or anything!! angry So I wasted my time going on a school run I didn't need to go on and got all worried for nothing.

Some people just don't think do they!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now