Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

online SEF aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(17 Posts)
Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 21:41:11

OMG

how the !Q"£$%"£$%$%^&£%^&"$!%^U&$% are we supposed to do this???

Do the 'easy' bit first - basically the first section - then save each page before you go to the next one. It took me about 12 hours to complete in total - can send you a copy of mine if you CAT me your address, can't email it cos total technophobe and don't know how to 'attach' it sad blush

I just did the bits I felt confident about then left the crap till last, ie 'learning and development'. Sorry can't be more help - Katymac has a fab SEF smile

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 21:55:44

Nightmare

I can email you mine

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 21:57:44

i cannot get into the fr*gging thing in the first place. i have my ofsetd security token, but no idea what all the other stuff is.

OTOH: the inspector that rang me did not seem too fussed about SEF. I was in a bit of a state when she rang me, so I called her again today to ask her what she would be concentrating on (cheeky or what!! grin). she did not mention SEF.

So, up&ow, do you reckon I could just type it and post it?

(hope you'll forgive the familiarity of the abbreviation!)

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 21:59:05

I emailed mine to the inspector

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 21:59:10

Thanks, KM!! I am happy to do it, just don't know how to access the flipping thing!

i submitted my tax return onlin..... if memory serves, I can use that info?

looks like it will be long night tonight.

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 21:59:41

KM, did you just do it "freehand" so to speak and then email it?

If you do your tax return online, it's the same information you need to use - that little blue 'Gateway' card thingymujig, with your ID and password. You only need the Ofsted security token id when you sign up first time.

Once you're in, you can go back whenever you want to update it. Doing it freehand will take you bloody ages - then you still have to get it to inspector. Doing it online, inspector can print it off from their end and go through it before your inspection.

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 22:10:29

I wrote it into a blank form - I can email you a blank form

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 22:17:08

KM, please! i would really appreciate it

judithmarypeck at hotmail dot com.

underpaid, thanks! no idea where that bloody card of mine is!! think it might be my tax folder. will check

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 22:19:24

I have sent something.....not sure what - I'll check in the morning

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 22:20:03

DH has asked me to look at a shrimp in his fish tank

can someone please tell him that I would rather not do that right now?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 22:24:53

I have a copy of the SEF in Word format but it does not allow me to input more info that the area of the block, iykim.

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 22:27:44

Is that from me?

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 22:46:31

no, my one. working on yours now and it is working (thanks!!!)

think i might call it a day for now!

cheers and thousand thanks again.

Littlepurpleprincess Thu 04-Jun-09 08:12:25

I phoned Ofsted and got them to send me a paper copy. Couldn't figure out how to download it.

looneytune Fri 05-Jun-09 15:48:49

Katy's SEF was VERY VERY useful to me when my mind was blank! My inspector told me on the phone that the SEF helps a lot - just goes to show how (yet again) they are all different!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now