Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

blog instead of diary

(12 Posts)
Illhavethisinsize12 Wed 03-Jun-09 13:48:11

any idea how i go about creating blogs for my clients instead of doing daily diaries.

Twims Wed 03-Jun-09 14:02:25

goto blospot.com

Twims Wed 03-Jun-09 14:03:57

blogspot.com

nannynick Wed 03-Jun-09 19:20:06

How would you make a blog secure so that other people don't find it? How do you stop one parent reading comments about another child your mind?

I don't feel you can use a blog for this purpose - at least, not unless you can find one which has secure login plus will only let a user see certain parts of the blog. Not sure that exists.

What are you trying to achieve? If you explain more about what it is you actually want, then perhaps we can suggest solutions.

PixiNanny Wed 03-Jun-09 20:58:53

Livejournal. You can create filters so that only certain people can see certain things (such as a work/friends/family/etc filter) and you can track them using tags. I prefer lj to other blogs.

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 21:01:39

Plus you have to be sure not to discriminate against potential parents who are not IT literate (according to OFSTED when I mooted putting the newsletter out by email)

AtheneNoctua Wed 03-Jun-09 23:01:31

Really? You can't "discriminate" against the non IT literate. That's rediculous.

Should we ban all written communication because it might discriminate against the illiterate?

Illhavethisinsize12 Thu 04-Jun-09 07:11:37

I want to avoid writting diaries everyday and would like to do it on p c any suggestions r gr8. I intend to start doing all my one on there as well and give schools a disc when mindees leave

KatyMac Thu 04-Jun-09 07:24:18

You think AtheneNoctua?? I would agree - but OFSTED have views on that to hmm Apparently I depend extensively on the written word.......

navyeyelasH Thu 04-Jun-09 08:08:19

can't you just email daily diaries? Of course let parents chose which way they'd rather receive it so that you aren't discriminating (will that get round ofsted?)

Littlepurpleprincess Thu 04-Jun-09 08:17:17

I don't understand why. Home diaries are lovely, parents really apriciate them. It's nice to have something to keep and they are a 2 way thing. I get messeges from parents in them as well.

JenniPenni Thu 04-Jun-09 09:41:42

I am all for home diaries. Far more personable.

I wouldn't use a blog, because no matter what security you have in place as to who views it, there are loads of hackers out there and your digital diary (and it's confidential info!) is not safe.

Also, would you do a separate blog for each child? You'd have to, for privacy reasons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now