Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Wednesday Staffroom....no sunshine & a muggy day

(24 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 07:29:06

We will be in for fun

Mind you I reckon we can be outside without suncream, which will save my hands a bit

Busy day - no news on the recruitment front

BradfordMum Wed 03-Jun-09 08:02:44

Freezing in Bradford today!
Toddlers this morning, hopefully an early finish too.

Danish pastries, and fresh coffee on the table - enjoy!

HSMM Wed 03-Jun-09 09:11:51

Lovely day here. Absolutely shattered after 2 days off work to run around after DD dancing (3 distinctions and a commended ). Have dropped 2 mindees off at school and waiting for the next wave of children to arrive.

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 10:18:39

It is sunny and lovely here smile

busy day ahead of me!

crace Wed 03-Jun-09 12:02:35

Not very nice here either! Quick question- did you all buy your own laminators or...? I have about 40 pages to get laminated, eeek!

mumlove Wed 03-Jun-09 12:50:35

Afternoon everyone

Very hot here and have had friends around to play. Mindees have been running around the garden for 3 hours grin.

Yes I have my own laminator.

Shoshe Wed 03-Jun-09 13:38:07

Not a cloud in the sky here, but we went to soft play, thought the kids could do with a day indoors.

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 13:48:16

buy your own laminator! you won't regret it. great great gadget. when i have mine out, DS and DH dare not stand still grin

Littlepurpleprincess Wed 03-Jun-09 16:38:36

laminator only costs £11 in argos and you can get the pounches in poundland atm.

lol Numberfour - that's the standing joke in my house too grin

Asda also do cheap a4 laminating pouches. Def worth buying one op.

oops, not op - sorry crace blush

crace Wed 03-Jun-09 18:37:24

Wow, I had no idea so cheap! My local garage does one A4 page for £1.40! After 10 pages it pays for itself, doesn't it?

THanks for the advice everyone

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 19:22:44

yes, lots cheaper than i thought, too!

grinunderpaidandoverworked!

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 20:21:39

I may be being unreasonable
I may be being a cow

But a thread on "Childminders, nannies, au pairs etc" really gets me annoyed

Which one hmm

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 20:26:50

Can't you tell?
I mean "
Talk : Childminders, nannies, au pairs etc"

Oh yes and cleaners too

After all we are all domestics aren't we?

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 21:27:51

hmm not sure what you mean, KM?

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 21:30:49

I guess I just object to being lumped in with cleaners

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 21:31:52

here

Petty aren't I

They get paid more than me too

Numberfour Wed 03-Jun-09 21:40:04

i think you may have missed the point? i think the OP in the other thread was just asking a question in general about cleaners perhaps because she knows lots of busy CMs like us use one??? not sure.....

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 21:42:03

Really - just looks like a general cleaner Q to me

Maybe I misunderstood

More money and no eyfs - sounds good.

Seriously, see and understand your point KM - hadn't read the thread before, mainly cos could never afford a cleaner on what I 'make' at the moment hmm.

Looking for another job now myself, maybe...

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 21:52:52

Didn't think I was being daft

I mean all of us domestics are the same aren't we

The CIS won't advertise that we offer Nursery Education or "out of school" care, we charge the same as nurseries but are allowed less than half the ratio - we can't even be VAT registered

Labour counsellor came to door today, asked 'Can we have your vote tomorrow' - sent him away with a flea in his ear after I said 'Only if you promise to withdraw the free breakfast clubs and subsidised wrap-around nursery care that you brought in which have both cost me business' angry. Don't think he was very impressed.

Then got letter from Ofsted about my appeal after March inspection- they agree the 'action' should be a recommendation and have amended inspection report but refuse to change my overall 'judgement', despite all of the evidence I provided. GRRRRR angry

Have had a pretty poop day overall sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now