Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: multicultural alphabet to download and print????

(16 Posts)
Numberfour Tue 02-Jun-09 20:28:06

I saw mention made of a multicultural alphabet in this section some time ago. Can anybody point it out to me? I tried Sparkle Box but no luck.

Yip! Inspection is pending......

mumlove Tue 02-Jun-09 20:34:10

I have printed off some of these but they are not the alphabet.

Numberfour Tue 02-Jun-09 20:41:39

my virus software steered me away from that sight, mumlove. hope your pc is okay. software mentions attack ware rather than a virus.....

Numberfour, check out the website for 'childminding treasures' - she has some fab free resources to download on it, though can't remember if multicultural alphabet one of them. Have def had some multicultural stuff from it. Good luck with impending inspection.....smile

Or how about 'teachersnet' and 'sparklebox' hmm

nannynick Tue 02-Jun-09 20:50:08

Not sure something pre-created exists with multiple alphabets on it. However you could make your own:

URDU Alphabet
Polish

Alphabets of the world

Hangeul Alphabet

Hebrew Alphabet

Braille

Russian (uppercase Alphabet)

Nannynick, where do you get your knowledge from - you are a goldmine of information on every topic grin

Numberfour Tue 02-Jun-09 21:07:17

nannynick is a man amongst men!

but! it is not what i am looking for - thanks, anyway. no time to make me own at the moment.

i definitely definitely saw it on mumsnet!!!

so where is it?

nannynick Tue 02-Jun-09 21:11:42

My secret (in this particular case) is an internet company starting with the letter G. You may have heard of them grin they are rather big in Search!

nannynick Tue 02-Jun-09 21:13:34

What are you looking for then? Do you mean the Welcome poster in various languages?

Numberfour Tue 02-Jun-09 21:18:42

grin

quite recently some one posted a link to a site that had A4 pictures you could download, showing a letter of the alphabet and each letter was then represented by an item from a different culture eg the letter H was represented by an Ndebele hut or something.

i am up to my eyeballs in laminating and printing and tidying and polishing ..... and a glass of wine.

Numberfour Tue 02-Jun-09 21:20:14

how funny is that!!! i googled "multicultural alphabet" and up came this thread!! grin second entry!!!

nannynick Tue 02-Jun-09 21:47:56

Alphabet Frieze could be it.

Numberfour Tue 02-Jun-09 21:55:09

I KNEW YOU WOULD DO IT!!

thousand thousand thanks!! Yes, that is it! wahoo!!!

(DH is a bit puzzled at my shriek of delight!)

Thanks, nannynick.

smile

nannynick Tue 02-Jun-09 21:59:09

I couldn't see a Ndebele Hut and some of the images are a bit questionable (Video, Zip for example).

But hey, some of the images are good.

Numberfour Tue 02-Jun-09 22:15:20

Ndebele was an example (I'm a Safrican). Video and zip, well, interesting if not strictly multicultural - though arguably both are very Western. No?

any how, thanks so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now