Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

cm club - harrassment

(10 Posts)
cmharrassed Tue 02-Jun-09 12:14:38

Hi there, name change for this as quite sensitive.

My dp and I are being harrassed by someone unconnected with my work as a cm. So far we have been bombarded with emails, txts, voicemail, phone calls etc which we have been logging and ignoring hoping (probably naively!) that it would go away! We can deal with these by call screening numbers etc but I am concerned that as this person is not going away as we are now 6 weeks down the line that that they will start turning up at the house which has started to be intimated in the latest communications. This makes me feel extremely vulnerable as I am alone with the kids during the day.

Do you think I need to inform ofsted (I also have concerns that fabricated complaints may be made against me)now or wait and see if they turns up on my doorstep to make trouble. If they do, I will have no hesitation in calling the police!

So - help! What do you think I should do?

leonifay Tue 02-Jun-09 12:23:15

i think informing ofsted of the situation may be a good idea, so that any fabricated complaints can be nipped in the bud. but you may then need to draw up an action plan/risk assesment/policy to show ofsted about what you would do if the person did turn up at the door.

KatyMac Tue 02-Jun-09 13:13:14

& maybe contact NCMA for help creating the emergency plan?

BradfordMum Tue 02-Jun-09 13:18:27

Do you actually know this person?
Have you had previous dealings with them?
Have you had somesort of confrontation with them?

My advice would be to notify the local police and take advice from them.
Depending on what they say, you can then decide whether to inform Ofsted or not. Personally, I would let them know you are having problems, though unrelated to work.
I hope this helps.

Sally x x

LittlePaws Tue 02-Jun-09 13:24:17

Phone BT and the police get their number blocked so they can not phone you. They can be arrested and charged. My mum had this problem a few years back and the woman in question was charged.

cmharrassed Tue 02-Jun-09 14:16:04

Thanks for your replies. Littlepaws, I will definitely talk to BT to get the number blocked. Katymac, that's a good idea - I think I will speak to NCMA legal team before contacting Ofsetd to see what they say first. BradfordMum - I know I am going to have to talk to the police - I was just burying my head in the sand and hoping it would fizzle out and just go away!

Sadly we do know this person - a very old acquaintance of my dp - a bit of a sponger who has to have it all their own way!!! My lovely dp is a bit of a soft touch and has put up with this person for years. Issues have arisen because they wanted my dp to lie to get them out of some difficulties which he quite rightly refused to do! However, this person reckons it is my fault that dp will not help them out and is now intent on splitting us up by fabricating a whole host of lies about various liaisons I have been having and bombarding us with so called "evidence" to support these theories - having looked at it all again I think I may actually have to talk to the local police about stalking issues!

Why are some people like this? It is beyond me - all I want to do is have a nice peaceful life with my family and a job I really enjoy! sad

MadameCastafiore Tue 02-Jun-09 14:17:56

Why are you allowing him to do this to you?

Call the police. You have everything written down so get them to stop him.

willowthewispa Tue 02-Jun-09 19:14:58

Call the police now before he turns up on your doorstep!

thebody Tue 02-Jun-09 19:54:23

sorry not sure if you mean 'they' 'she' or 'he' has your dp had any other dealings with this person(s).. you should contact the police definatly but, and I hesitate to say this, are you sure you know all the circumstances.. really... best of luck to you, horrible situation and obviously not your fault at all.

GreenGables Tue 02-Jun-09 20:23:15

Oh dear cm - I am so sorry for all that you are going through, I have been in your shoes and IME the quicker you get this dealt with the sooner you can get back to a normal life. You need to deal with the harrasment asap. Doing so will also protect you from any fabricated complaints.

As for the CM issue - I'm sorry I can't help you there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now