Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Advice on childcare in Woodford Green

(2 Posts)
AuntyEWA Mon 01-Jun-09 15:51:11

Just looking for some suggestions as a confused first-timer. Our daughter is due in August, and I will be going back to work in February (non-negotiable as I pay the mortgage and that's when full pay ends). My OH is a musician, and spends a certain amount of time working at home, but does work some days, and tours for the odd week here and there. He's there during the day a lot of the time, but it's very irregular. Now we know a fair time in advance when he is and isn't available, but I just can't imagine a childminder being ok with a child who might be with them for a whole week sometimes, and only three mornings another week. Does anyone have this sort of arrangement? Is it even possible (obviously CMs have to make a living, which is a bit tricky with variable hours presumably )

Just not sure what to do, or even what full-time CM rates would be like. If we did go full time, it would most likely be something like eight until six thirty, so pretty darn full-time.

Alternatively, has anyone had any success in training their cats to look after babies hmm

leonifay Mon 01-Jun-09 16:54:57

well, you may have to pay for hours your child isnt at the childminders, depending on the childminder she may only charge you a retainer, she may charge full price. as for the rates of pay if you take a look on here if you look at your area it will tell you how much childminders charge in your area

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now