Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Where can I get an EYFSD pack by tomorrow - mine is out of date!

(13 Posts)
navyeyelasH Sun 31-May-09 22:26:58

Going on a course tomorrow and have just noticed that my EYFS booklet thingy is out of date. It's the big fat pack they sent out when EYFS was first introduced.

Anyone know what I mean?

KatyMac Sun 31-May-09 22:30:02

Yep

You phone the number & get one in 10-14 days......can you borrow one?

nannynick Sun 31-May-09 22:48:08

Some parts of it may be downloadable from Teachernet.

navyeyelasH Sun 31-May-09 22:48:10

all the ones I can borrow will be out of date too. GRR how annoying - why do they change these things constantly! I was hoping there would be one on-line. I might be able to sit next to someone that has the current ed and I'll take my old one in with me?

nannynick Sun 31-May-09 22:49:44

Table of Changes to EYFS Framework

navyeyelasH Sun 31-May-09 22:55:39

Thanks nannynick, I don't think it's the same one, or at least it's been broken down so much I can't see how to put it back together if that makes sense?

navyeyelasH Sun 31-May-09 22:58:14

Ohh thanks for thank nanny nick very helpful.

nannynick Sun 31-May-09 23:08:55

I take it you found the links to the full Framework and Guidance PDFs.

Nannynick - you always know the answers smile

However, should Ofsted not be informing ALL childcare providers of all of these amendments?? We have to search for them - like I had to before my appeal following recent inspection - or rely on brill people like yourself Nannynick to point us in the right direction hmm.

It's like they don't want us to have 'knowledge' - a fear we may then know more than them??

OP, good luck with your course smile. Sorry for little rant blush

nannynick Sun 31-May-09 23:33:17

It isn't Ofsted though is it... it's DCSF. They published the EYFS documents, Ofsted only checks that providers comply with it. For all we know, many at Ofsted may not agree with what is written in EYFS (especially the CCI's who used to work in childcare themselves who may want to see more Learning Through Play).

If DCSF didn't tell you about the changes, either directly or via your local council... then moan to your MP. Your MP can ask DCSF why they failed to notify providers like yourself about important changes that they made to documents which are part of legislation.

navyeyelasH Mon 01-Jun-09 00:31:31

nannynick ypu got it but it's still not the same as the pack IYSWIM. The pack has been "dumbed down" and has loads of different case studies and other stuff. Think I'll just take my old one and sit next to someone with a newer version.

When I first did some EYFS training, some of us had newer editions than the course tutors so they were reading out completely different things to what we had - which was quite funny but also sadly highlights how awful and red tapeish the current system is!

PinkChick Mon 01-Jun-09 09:24:06

if its the one cm's get, then i have two, but whats the betting we're no were near each other??..im in teesside?

navyeyelasH Mon 01-Jun-09 17:57:24

I'm in Bristol! Course is tonight and I'm just going to take my old one the list of changes and befriend someone with the correct copy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now