Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Planning and absences

(5 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 30-May-09 15:18:50

If you plan for a child (like a trip to the farm) but they aren't well enough to attend, but you go with the other children - should you include that planning in the child's folder?

KatyMac Sat 30-May-09 16:46:44

& if you do a plan & evaluate it on the same sheet would you link it there or do additional observations?

KatyMac Sat 30-May-09 17:19:46

& if I do include it I think I will link it to

Obs, Assessment & Planning:Starting with the child:Enjoy & Achieve

Health and Well-being:Physical Well-being:Be Healthy

The Learning Environment:Children's Needs:Enjoy & Achieve

Maybe?

atworknotworking Sat 30-May-09 20:03:29

I would put the planning in the mindees folder, but would note that the child didn't attend due to illness or whatever, therefore I could not do any observations.

I would do some work with the materials which were the end result of the planning with the mindee who didn't attend like photo's worksheets etc. Or perhaps take mindee to a local pet shop to see some other animals etc, so doesn't feel do left out.
You could then link the outcomes as per your post.

KatyMac Sat 30-May-09 20:33:57

I only have the poor poppet one day a week - so it could be tricky short-term but her folder is currently one of the best I have done so I'm not too worried iyswim. She doesn't miss out much as she spends the other days at Nursery

I have decided to go with planning & evaluation for short activities on one sheet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now