Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

best childcare combo for 1 baby, 1 young school child

(6 Posts)
anniemac Fri 29-May-09 11:59:02

Message withdrawn

HSMM Fri 29-May-09 12:01:52

Can you use the nursery you are happy with and a before and after school club? Alternatively try another childminder nearer to you/school.

anniemac Fri 29-May-09 12:12:11

Message withdrawn

dontknowwhat2do Sun 31-May-09 17:21:40

Why not just a childminder? Then you get the at home experience - ok, its at someone else's house, but the more time she spends there it will feel more comfortable?

Then the baby can be there all day and you only have 1 pick-up and drop off to do. If you find one who goes to DD's school you could even do DC2 handover there.

MarshaBrady Sun 31-May-09 17:35:15

I will be in the same position soon too! School age ds, starts in September. Baby due in December.

If I can get some freelance work I would be looking to go full time, 6 months to a year depending on how I'm feeling.

The best bet for me I think if I do go back is to find a nanny share to look after the babies and who can do the pick up. Cos if I do work I definitely want to try and let ds be at home and not in after school club every day.

So how about the nanny share part be the your baby and one other, and then your dd join after school?

anniemac Sun 31-May-09 21:37:03

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now