Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club: Anyone around for some advice Re:termination of contract

(9 Posts)
Xena Mon 02-May-05 21:34:37

Ok I have had to give 4 weeks notice to a baby I mind and the mother (quite with in her rights) has asked for it in writing so that she can take it into her employer to request her hours be cut down. I have drafted a letter but I don't know if it sounds right. there are two factors to consider firstly the mum was v upset when I told her I couldn't mind for her anymore and secondly that it needs to be fairly formally can I have your ideas re the following

Dear***

Please accept this letter as the start of my four weeks notice to terminate our contract.
Unfortunately due to personal circumstances I will be unable to care for *** after the 27th May 2005
*** has been a delight to look after and we will miss him very much.

All the best with your work and childcare arrangements in the future

KatieMac Mon 02-May-05 21:37:49

I think that's good....are you in a network or could you offer the CIS no? so she could get a head start on finding someone else

Xena Mon 02-May-05 21:44:53

Yes I have already given her that but she was really scared of leaving him at all, I think she will need a couple of days to sort herself out.
I didn't want to include it in the letter as her employer might try to persude her to look into different childcare first. (which I think she should) But I don't want to make things harder for her. I think that it won't help her really to cut her hours because if she is going to leave him even for a few hours then she needs to be comfortable.

KatieMac Mon 02-May-05 21:48:48

Make sense...didn't know the details
Sounds like it's been had work

Xena Mon 02-May-05 21:49:15

I feel really terrible about the situation.
I'm pg and I thought it would work out fine but i've already been admitted to hospital once with bleeding and carrying 2 babies up a flight of stairs to the playgroup each day can't be helping. I am going to pay someone for the next 2 weeks to look after my baby while I do the playgroup run but I can't afford that long term.

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 21:54:03

I hope things go well for you and your pregnancy. I think that you are wise to terminate your contract. Don't feel bad.

ladymuck Mon 02-May-05 22:01:44

I'm not a childminder, but I am an employer - the letter is fine, and is just right in terms of keeping it short and to the point. I'm sorry about your situation, but I think that you're doing the right thing.

KatieMac Mon 02-May-05 22:14:46

Hugs Xena......sympathy....hope thing go better

Xena Tue 03-May-05 13:37:27

Thanks for all your words of encouragement. I hate letting people down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now