Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny for one day?

(7 Posts)
wangle99 Sun 01-May-05 18:35:56

Nanny for one day?

Hi

Do you know if it's possible to get a Nanny for one day?

I believe there is one local nanny agency near where I live but before I contacted them to ask and made a fool of myself I thought I'd consult those 'in the know'!

I'm doing a trade show in July and need someone to care for DS (will be 21 months then) for the whole day and possibly DD who will be 8.

Do you think this is possible?

Thanks

ScotsNanny Sun 01-May-05 18:52:43

yes, they should be able to help you.

omega2 Sun 01-May-05 19:09:29

where abouts are you and what day of the week is it?

wangle99 Sun 01-May-05 19:28:59

Thanks for your answers.

I am in Cornwall (aka back of beyond lol!) and it will be a Monday in July.

NannyL Sun 01-May-05 20:48:21

Why not advertise it on nannyjob.co.uk

then there will be no agency fees, as long as you are happy to check all refs etc.

also maybe advertise in local schools etc, or do you know any local nannies / families who may know of someone through word of mouth?

really cant see it being a problem!

izzyrubi Mon 02-May-05 12:18:51

Message withdrawn

UKMickey Wed 04-May-05 00:21:09

Actually parents are able to have a nanny for whatever hours are needed including only one day etc it all then comes down to cost. I would recommend the website of www.bestbear.co.uk ran by investigative jpurnalists & solicitors who have checked all the agencies throughout the UK obviously not all sucessful...also excellent site for mummmies & daddies period.....lots of info & independant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now