Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders - SEN Policy

(9 Posts)
doraexplorer Fri 29-Apr-05 18:53:27

Hi

went on first part of training course last night.

I was told as i am on a network and hoping to work towards accreditation that i should have a SEN (special educational needs) policy in place.

This has not been mentioned to me before... , due Ofsted visit in Summer does anyone have one already in place they would not mind me having a look at?

KatieMac Fri 29-Apr-05 20:38:44

I haven't got one either - so I watch with interest....I didn't know we had to have one & it wasn't mentioned at my OFSTED on Friday last week

Xena Fri 29-Apr-05 21:08:41

Out of interest what policys have you got (i mean written ones?)

KatieMac Fri 29-Apr-05 21:11:52

Parental Complaints/Safety (incl CPP)/Equal Opps/Behaviour

Fran1 Fri 29-Apr-05 21:16:22

Don't have mine anymore, but a few things you need in it off the top of my head -

Intro - with your beliefs and feelings about equal opps.
How all children will be treated with equal concern, and how you will adapt where possible to meet each child's individual needs.
How you will provide all necessary equipment etc to meet individual needs.
How you will meet all dietary needs.
Medication needs etc.
In mine i said something along the lines of, prior to any agreements, will meet with family and dicuss each child's needs, together will decide if my setting could meet all the needs and whether it was the most appropriate place for that child.

Sure theres lots more, but thats just of top of my head.

HTH!

doraexplorer Sat 30-Apr-05 19:06:26

Apparently there is a master one written out somewhere so as soon as i have it i will post it on here or if too long i will get people to CAT me.

Glad i'm not in the minority not having it.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

KatieMac Sun 01-May-05 23:24:36

Thanks for the ideas Fran

Thanks in advance, for sight of the SEN Policy Dora

KMc

jothorpe Mon 02-May-05 09:02:55

How about adapting a policy like that used in a Creche/Nursery.

Here is one I found by doing a search on Google... could adapting it a bit fit with requirements?

SEN Policy in MS Word Format

doraexplorer Tue 03-May-05 20:32:53

Jothorpe - thanks for tha. There just seems to be so much to put in.
Had my monitoring visit today she will bring an authorised version end of next week!

Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now