Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club: Daily routines advice? Well mornings really!

(6 Posts)
lunavix Thu 28-Apr-05 16:12:24

I've only got my mindee two mornings a week, but I've struggled getting ds into a good routine - play wise so I'm wondering what everyone else does! (bear in mind ds is 12 months, as is mindee)

Our typical day would be:
7.30 ds up, milk
8.00 milk finished, mindee arrives, plays
ds has a handful of cheerios
between 8 and 9 ds is rather grizzly, he usually has breakfast between 8.30 and 9 depending on how grizzly!
In fact this grizzlyness continues until 10.30!
10.30 - nap till 11.30/12
12 play
1 lunch
1 - 3.30 play/go out
3.30 - 4.30/5 nap
5 dinner
5.30 - 7 play
7 milk
7.30 bath
8 bed

My main concern is the mornings, until he has that morning nap he's just a pain. I mainly try playing, reading etc but he still is quite unsettled.

He was better with mindee yesterday, but I'm wondering if anyone has any good ideas for activities for this gap!

8 - 9 (so I can push breakfast back till 9!)
and then after breakfast till 10.30.

In fact, any activities you do with your mindees suggestions will be fantastic! i go out about once a day (usually afternoon) so it's more home based I'm looking for ideas for! Thanks!

RTKangaMummy Thu 28-Apr-05 16:39:16

Will give it a think and get back to you

BUT the start of my day revolves around

8am mindee arrives

8.20 take DS to school

9.00 back again

KatieMac Thu 28-Apr-05 19:11:42

Hmm I do
Breakfast 8 until 8.30
school run between 8.30 & 9.15
Free play until snack/storytime

Could you get him up earlier,so B/F was earlier and nap time earlier? or would that not help?

Xena Thu 28-Apr-05 19:24:49

My routine is much the same as the others because of the school run. My DD's have always been better on the weekdays because of this small outing. Could you get the children ready and take them for a short walk to buy a paper maybe?

lunavix Fri 29-Apr-05 15:12:34

I really need to do a school run! It would make the day so much more structured!
Tried it with an outing this morning (plus me and ds went out this afternoon) and it was great, but they both fell asleep and we didn't end up doing anything lol.

Xena Fri 29-Apr-05 16:57:15

Great i'm glad it worked. When my sisters twins were small she used to take them for a walk in the pram at the same time as the school run at the weekend as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now