Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Becoming a childminder.....going through application

(4 Posts)
Melly Wed 27-Apr-05 11:02:08

Hi, haven't logged on in ages. I am going through the process of applying to become a registered childminder. Have done the pre-reg meeting and foundation course etc.

I suffered from mild depression for about a year, was treated very successfully by my GP with Citalopram and have been off this now for 4 months. I was wondering if this would go against me when Ofsted receive my application? Anyone else been in the same or similar situation?

Any advice really appreciated.

doraexplorer Wed 27-Apr-05 21:14:24

Hi

I'm a registered childminder and had depression a few years before i applied. I made sure it was in my notes when i filled out all the forms as they will ask ( or did in our area) for Doctor to fill something out or may even just to sign and agree that your comments etc agree with their notes.

Did not slow down or count against me as far as i know.

Best of luck - whereabouts are you?

KatieMac Wed 27-Apr-05 21:19:51

I have taken prozac twice...and everything went OK for me

Good Luck

Melly Thu 28-Apr-05 09:34:14

Thanks doraexplorer & KatieMac, that's really helpful. Will crack on with the application form.

I'm in West Devon doraexplorer, near Tavistock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now