Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

My first mindee!

(19 Posts)
lunavix Tue 26-Apr-05 14:35:02

Starts tomorrow!

I'm so excited

I have a few questions, we filled out the paperwork today and I feel like I've forgotten something. We did the NCMA contract (hope I've done it all right, was very long!) my child information sheet, NCMA permissions form (suncream outings etc) and the child details sheet....

She left with her copy of the contract.
I gave her a leaflet with my name, address, holidays etc on.

Should I have given her anything else? It was rather a basic leaflet. What do you give people (aimed at childminders there!)?

amynnixmum Tue 26-Apr-05 14:39:26

Hi Lunavix,

That sounds about right. My leaflet is quite detailed and has pretty much everything a parent needs to know on it.

Only thing you haven't mentioned is getting the medical form signed so that you can get the child medical care if necessary ( unless that was included in the ncma permssions stuff).

Good Luck for tomorrow

KatieMac Tue 26-Apr-05 14:42:07

a menu either detailed eg 1st xyz 2nd abc or a suggestion of what they might eat?

some activities/timetable?

some places you might visit?

Loads of luck
KMc

lunavix Tue 26-Apr-05 14:43:52

Oooh that was it the medical attention form. THat's in the accident emergency book isn't it. I was going to look at that tonight

We'll go over that tomorrow, she hadn't decided exactly what days she wanted so we'll fill that in too with the rest of the contract.

Katie - do you do all that in a booklet? Just didn't feel like she left with much information and I had sheets of it!

amynnixmum Tue 26-Apr-05 14:47:36

I was exactly the same with my first mindee. I have a terrible memory at the best of times - that's why i have such a detailed leaflet

lunavix Tue 26-Apr-05 14:49:22

Still wondering how I'm going to carry everything when we go out! I have a marco sky so it's not the biggest, plus now it's TWO change bags - for two cloth nappy babies!
Dread to think what would happen if I got one under a year old, another changebag plus it would have to be a sling!

KatieMac Tue 26-Apr-05 14:51:13

CAT me & I'll send my contract addendum/menu etc

I often take a buggy - even if everyone walks, just to carry everything (or my DH if pushing a buggy is too hard work)

lunavix Tue 26-Apr-05 14:57:31

oh I have to take my marco sky, neither mine nor mindee can walk!

Thanks Katie, think I might have your addendum somewhere already...

ssd Tue 26-Apr-05 15:00:47

Good luck lunavix! You sound very organised. With my first mindee I got the parent to fill out the contract, I was so unsure!!

I've got a bit better by now ..........

lunavix Tue 26-Apr-05 15:12:09

I'm trying!

I need a bigger changebag for all the stuff I need to carry like the A4 accident/medication book! THey should have made it A5 IMO!

blodwen Tue 26-Apr-05 22:32:03

I don't think you need to take the accident book out with you (at least I never do ). You will get used to carting everything else about though! Today we went to C/M drop-in group - there was me, 2 year old, 17m old, 4m old and 3m old. We had nappies for 3 (one in cloth nappies), potty, spare knickers, socks etc, bottles, drinks, bibs etc etc etc. We ollk as though we are off for a fortnight - not 2 hours in the church hall up the road!.

RTKangaMummy Tue 26-Apr-05 22:43:53

lunavix good luck for tomorrow

ssd Wed 27-Apr-05 16:12:51

How did it go?

RTKangaMummy Wed 27-Apr-05 21:27:55

????????????

lunavix Thu 28-Apr-05 08:57:19

Great she's lovely Lovely lovely

It's quite fun with her and ds - they're both just a year old, and neither walking, talking etc Keeps me busy

KatieMac Thu 28-Apr-05 11:33:38

I am pleased for you.....remember the children are easier than the parents

ssd Thu 28-Apr-05 12:07:25

Gwad too true

lunavix Thu 28-Apr-05 15:22:19

Oh no the parents are lovely too for now at least

RTKangaMummy Thu 28-Apr-05 15:50:47

lunavix

REally glad she is lovely

Hope the parents stay lovely YKWIM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now