Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone see...........

(10 Posts)
mishmash Sun 24-Apr-05 21:21:32

the story in the News of the World by the Beckham's nanny. Anyone believe it? Would have expected them to have a Confidentiality Clause in her contract! We have one in ours but that was a contract drafted by the Agency.

prettyfly1 Sun 24-Apr-05 21:45:32

she does have a confidentiality clause which is why they went to court - the courts said it could be overturned.

jambo1707 Sun 24-Apr-05 21:47:41

I say leave them alone

They may be celebs but they are human after all and all of us have our ups and downs in relationships.

The nanny should be struck off for breaking their confidentiality

prettyfly1 Sun 24-Apr-05 22:03:59

absolutely - I have read the article and although she does say nice things about posh surely it is wrong for her to have told all when she was in a paid position of trust for so long - something jst doesnt seem rite to me about it all - it was her job and can you imagine if a lawyer or doctor did that - they would never work again!!

mishmash Sun 24-Apr-05 22:23:17

Have to agree - they should be left alone. How do they honestly cope. It must be emotionally and mentally draining for them for everything both true and untrue to be printed. Absolutely they are only human. As I always say no-one, but no-one is perfect. Those who have millions and the "perfect" set up aren't always happy. but true

NannyL Sun 24-Apr-05 22:50:28

I completly agree, and im a nanny.
Have confidentiality clauses in our contracts.... BUT
do you realise WHY she was sacked...
Cause V beckham accused her of telling stories to the press (which until today was untrue) well i never saw / read any.
So given that she DIDNT sell stories and that was what she was why she left (said she could not work if they didnt trust her) (and was personally devestated about leaving the boys who she was so close to) i can see why she was pi**ed off and thought to hell with it and told all anyway.

Im NOT saying it was rigth and as a nanny it was VERY unproffessional, but that is probably part of the reason....

She did afterall keep her mouth shut for 2 years

uwila Mon 25-Apr-05 09:27:41

I have to admit if I lost my job because of something I had not done, then I might just feel compelled to go and do it. I mean if I'm going to be found guilty, then I might as well be guilty. But, then I don't really know the story. Was she fired, or did she leave?

And, I'm a bit sceptical that working for Victoria Beckham is an easy job.

ssd Mon 25-Apr-05 10:00:00

But how much of Victoria would the nanny actually see?

I bet she's out and about all the time.(lucky thing!)

I wonder what sort of hours these nannies work, the parents don't have a 9-5 lifestyle do they?

mishwheelie Mon 25-Apr-05 19:38:05

New to this site so be gentle!

I hope that she got a lot of money, as she'll never work as a nanny again.

prettyfly1 Tue 26-Apr-05 01:58:57

hell no - silly cow was at the top of her game proffessionally in a very competitive field. Noone at that level will take her on or trust her again - and whether vb is easy to work for or not - she doesnt deserve to be trusted again. She signed the confidentiality clause and she broke it. We all have difficult clients, we dont all profit from them! She was sacked for something unfair - possibly - still signed the agreement!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now