Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Where can I find a good au pair plus, with UK references

(4 Posts)
Betal Sun 24-Apr-05 14:26:09

My au pair is leaving mid May, I work fulltime and need to find a good au pair to look after my two kids, b8 and g5. Have tried the gumtree, not much luck really. Anyone got any suggestions that dont involve parting with huge amounts to page agencies. Next port of call will be newsagents windows. I really want someone who is already an au pair and in the UK, with a legitimate reason for leaving family i.e like the familiy's moving? Can anyone help.

Betal Sun 24-Apr-05 14:27:17

My au pair is leaving mid May, I work fulltime and need to find a good au pair to look after my two kids, b8 and g5. Have tried the gumtree, not much luck really. Anyone got any suggestions that dont involve parting with huge amounts to page agencies. Next port of call will be newsagents windows. I really want someone who is already an au pair and in the UK, with a legitimate reason for leaving family i.e like the familiy's moving? Can anyone help.

Ameriscot2005 Sun 24-Apr-05 15:10:47

You could try Au Pair World and Great Au Pair

You can specify in the search engines that you want someone who is already in the UK.

My last two au pair came from these sites (one each) and they were both in the UK at the time.

majorstress Tue 26-Apr-05 12:09:48

Definitely call up local English schools, and maybe send them your newsagents' ad to post on their noticeboard.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: