Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders in North London, any ideas how much they charge?

(9 Posts)
Booklover Tue 19-Apr-05 09:32:22

I am thinking about returning to work, ds is now one and I was really shocked about the high nursery costs. Going back three days a week might not be worse it financially as it hardly covers the costs, so I just wondered if anyone has an idea how much childminder charge?

Oil Tue 19-Apr-05 09:36:49

In Barnet the childminders I looked at were a similar price to the nurseries - inevitably the one I absolutely loved was the most expensive (£60/day) with the average at about £50 and nurseries a bit less. Good luck, will be interested to know what others have found.

bluebear Tue 19-Apr-05 09:46:56

try looking on childcarelink.gov.uk - click on your local area, and it will give you a list of childcare options, choose childminders and look at a few until you get the prices (some don't put them on their profiles)

If it's any help, in west london, childminders start at about £3.50 and get to £5 an hour...but tend to have a 'day' price between £30 and £40 - quite similar to nurseries.

I have a friend in Enfield whose childminder is £20 per day, but I don't know if that's average.

amelisa Wed 20-Apr-05 12:38:29

I`m registered childminder and I charge 3,50 per hour,35 per day ,150 per week.
I have full-time /part-time vacancies
e-mail:fedorrenata2004@yahoo.co.uk

MarsLady Wed 20-Apr-05 12:40:16

It depends where you are in North London I think. About £5 an hour is average in the N10 area.

donnie Fri 22-Apr-05 15:10:41

my dd goes to a childminer in Finchley and she charges £4.50 ph which is about average I think.

HappyMumof2 Fri 22-Apr-05 16:13:59

Message withdrawn

Roolie Thu 21-Jul-05 13:12:38

donnie could you give me the details for the childmnder in finchley you refer to pls.
thanks in advance

goosey Thu 21-Jul-05 13:37:25

I have just built this site for a childminder in Maida Vale.Is that North London? Her charges are on the site. www.urbankids.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now