Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Looking for a family to share a nanny with in W5

(28 Posts)
bluebear Mon 18-Apr-05 11:54:43

We are in Ealing - Northfields/South Ealing area. We have a 3 year old boy who will start school in September and an 18month old girl..they are both at a day nursery at the moment.
I am looking for a family with similiar age child/children to share a nanny with, from Aug/September this year. My dd is very sociable and it would be great for her to have a friend during the day.

unicorn Mon 18-Apr-05 12:20:11

Hi BB...
It may be worth sticking this on the Ealing meetup thread too...

I know Mrsbd was thinking about returning to work and looking at childcare options.

HTH.

bluebear Mon 18-Apr-05 12:40:11

Thanks unicorn.

I thought i saw somewhere that Mrsbd was interviewing nannys already.

You don't think it'll be too much off subject to put it on the meet-up thread then?

MrsBigD Mon 18-Apr-05 14:22:11

Hi bluebear,
unicorn's right I'm planning to go back to work probably mid-may though. Also dd is already in nursery near here (pitshanger lane) so Northfields/Southealing wouldn't be ideal for me I guess. Looked into nannies myself... ouch re costs and tax and NI! I think 'they' (government) are practically forcing less/medium earners to go for 'cash in hand'nannies if we want to be able to go back to work and afford childcare

bluebear Mon 18-Apr-05 14:38:53

Have you looked at Sharingcare.co.uk? there are a few families on there looking to share - it's trying to find one who matches your needs that the hard bit isn't it!

I've been recommended a fantastic nanny (interviewing her tonight)..but if I don't share then I will be paying out my entire salary plus a bit more - just for 4 days a week!

It's crazy isn't it...and I thought when ds got to school-age my childcare bill would come down!

Good luck!

MrsBigD Mon 18-Apr-05 15:42:28

will have to have a look at that site once I know if and when I'll start work again.

Same problem here with paying out more than earning and also only for 4 days. Shame we don't live next door to each other

bluebear Mon 18-Apr-05 16:10:58

MrsBD..may I CAT you, just to discuss your ealing nanny wisdom off the board (I think we've 'spoken' in the past re: ealing 135)

MrsBigD Mon 18-Apr-05 16:55:48

cat away

Nanou1 Tue 19-Apr-05 09:46:17

ladies.
might be interested. live in ealing common and south ealing sounds good. what does "cat" mean?
how are things progressing on nanny share? are you looking full time? would be interested by tue wed thu but could be flexi with work if need be. looking forward to hearing from you. have a nice day.

bluebear Tue 19-Apr-05 09:54:19

Hi Nanou - CAT means Contact Another Talker - it's at the top of the page - you can ask Mumsnet to send your email address to another talker so you can discuss things by email.

I work 4 days a week, and am hoping to find someone with a child of about 18 months - 2 1/2yrs to share a nanny with (so that my daughter has company). I also have a 3 yr old who will need to be picked up from school and looked after by the nanny until I get home from work.

I've started interviewing nannys which is more complicated than I thought it would be <sigh>,

If you think that the share would suit you then CAT me (it takes a day or so to work), and we can discuss it. Otherwise, I hope I see you at one of the meet-ups one day

Nanou1 Tue 19-Apr-05 10:16:43

hi bluebear. gosh you are fast! india not walking yet but full of beans. at nursery at present and they put her half day with 18 months because she seems to get bored otherwise. anyway... would be happy to "cat" with MrsBigD too on the matter. in any case, we are meeting next week! may i ask MrsBigD what your "d" sounds for... i am very intrigued!

MrsBigD Tue 19-Apr-05 10:36:32

nanou1 ... dh is BigD LOL so logically I'm MrsBigD

Nanou1 Tue 19-Apr-05 10:45:48

ah ah ah
tell me more tell me more!!!

MrsBigD Tue 19-Apr-05 10:54:43

LOL dh's name starts with a D and he's a big boy LOL

Nanou1 Tue 19-Apr-05 11:02:41

oh you lucky girl!!!!

MrsBigD Tue 19-Apr-05 11:03:52

rofl ... oh your imagination! Why do people automatically assume I'm referring to the downstairs department?

Nanou1 Tue 19-Apr-05 11:05:46

i certainly was not...

bluebear Tue 19-Apr-05 11:10:22

I'm so innocent it took me a while to work out the joke

MrsBigD Tue 19-Apr-05 12:56:40

nothing wrong with being innocent bluebear

alison222 Tue 19-Apr-05 13:13:27

Bluebear, which school? I'm a childminder in Hanwell, but my son will be going to school locally. I don't suppose it would fit in?

bluebear Tue 19-Apr-05 14:32:20

We don't know exactly yet Alison - we should've got the letter yesterday.
We are in little ealing catchment but are likely to end up with a place at Grange, since l.e. is generally oversubscribed.

bluebear Tue 19-Apr-05 14:34:39

Forgot to say, I have looked and looked for childminders rather than nannys but couldn't find one.

Nanou1 Tue 19-Apr-05 14:50:09

ladies
how much is the daily rate for a nanny then? inc tax ?

bluebear Tue 19-Apr-05 15:46:34

Qualified experienced nannies are between 7 and 8 pounds an hour net.

An example:

Nanny on £8 net per hour, standard 8-6 hours for 3 days a week would be about £345 a week including taxes and NI. That's £1495 per month (equiv. to a gross salary of £17940)

There are plenty of nannys with no childcare qualifications but relevant experience which are cheaper, if you accept them...or you can try to share a qualified one

MrsBigD Tue 19-Apr-05 16:58:48

and there's my problem... 1495 a month... I'd be glad if I'd get that much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now