Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help finding a nanny willing to work overseas

(31 Posts)
tiredexplorer Mon 02-Mar-09 15:32:16

Does anyone know of the best agencies/websites for getting a qualified nanny willing to work overseas for at least a year?
Thanks in advance.

Bubbaluv Mon 02-Mar-09 15:35:31

I have been looking for an au pair on aupair-world.net and greataupair.com and have had a number of applications from some very nice and expereinced sounding (but out of my budget) nannies from all round the world.
Might be worth investigating?

tiredexplorer Mon 02-Mar-09 16:17:51

Thanks Bubbaluv, I've had a look at those before but I'd be much more comfortable with a UK trained nanny. I think I might be asking the impossible here.

willowthewispa Mon 02-Mar-09 16:34:18

Are you looking for someone to start working in the UK and then move abroad with you, or are you abroad and wanting to recruit a UK nanny?

willowthewispa Mon 02-Mar-09 16:37:51

If you look on Nannyjob.co.uk, you can see which agencies are currently advertising overseas jobs - looks like Eden Nannies deals with a lot of jobs abroad.

tiredexplorer Mon 02-Mar-09 16:38:16

I am abroad at the moment but will be back in the UK for a short while. I'd be looking for someone to start in the UK then and move abroad with me.

lindseyfox Mon 02-Mar-09 16:41:10

There are nannies out there looking to do this kind of job and usually for a year. Try advertising on www.gumtree.com and www.netmums.co.uk and www.nannyjob.co.uk and hopefully you will find someone.

Bubbaluv Mon 02-Mar-09 16:43:54

Where are you going to take them? I would have thought it might be quite an attractive option for a young single nanny - if you're going to take them to Iraq it might be a bit tougher though! smile
A few of the nannies who applied to me where Australian/NZ trained, so similarly qualified and obviously willing to travel as they were applying for a job in the UK.

tiredexplorer Mon 02-Mar-09 17:12:25

That's part of the problem, it'll be in Angola!shock On the plus side, I'm offering 9 weeks' paid holiday a year, one return flight to the UK and one to South Africa a year.

willowthewispa Mon 02-Mar-09 17:19:39

Hmm, you'll need to find a very adventurous UK nanny! Maybe you'd be better looking for a South African nanny? Plenty of South African nannies come to the UK, so I'm guessing there's not such a big cultural difference.

scrooged Mon 02-Mar-09 17:22:17

I'll go if you want a nanny (unqulified, used to be a student paeds nurse) with a 9 year old. smile

tiredexplorer Mon 02-Mar-09 17:31:53

Might take you up on the offer the way things are going wink

scrooged Mon 02-Mar-09 17:33:16

grin Anytime.

nannynz Mon 02-Mar-09 20:45:55

What is the job description and when does it start. I'm not currently looking for a position but am always on the look out for unique nanny positons. Angola would be super unique! I'm sure it would be possible to find a nanny to accompany you there.

Supernanny19 Mon 02-Mar-09 20:49:16

ILL COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiredexplorer Tue 03-Mar-09 03:40:42

Brief job description as follows
Starting in June
2 DDs (DD1 is currently 3,9yo and DD2 is 8months)

* ~60 hours per week (weekends off)
* Sole charge of DD2 - take her to play dates
* getting DD1 ready for school, school run and after school care, help them with homework,
* giving them dinner etc,
* assist with bath time and bedtime etc.
* nursery duties only - no housekeeping duties as I have a full-time maid
* access to car and driver

If you have any questions please let me know.

Supernanny19 Tue 03-Mar-09 07:10:56

If only I was a driver!

LouIsAHappyLittleVegemite Tue 03-Mar-09 09:49:45

definately have a look on nannyjob
lots of nannies looking for work due to thier banker employers being made redundant.

BonsoirAnna Tue 03-Mar-09 09:53:41

I'd have thought you might want to go through an agency for a job like that - you will need a very mature, self-sufficient nanny for a 60 hour a week job in Angola. What perks are you offering?

nannyafrica Tue 03-Mar-09 11:11:49

Hi, I am interested in the post please could you get in touch, I am in the UK at the moment doing temp nanny jobs for an agency, I have 15 years experience as a nanny but I also have a safari company in Malawi Africa doing family safaris with children with special needs but with the credit crunch I may looking at taking a job for around a year but want to stay in Africa.
I have only been to Angola as a tourist when I did a driving trip from UK to Cape Town.
Do you know about work permits? I am 37 years of age. Would be great to hear from you.

tiredexplorer Tue 03-Mar-09 15:17:11

nannyafrica can't CAT you, you need to change your settings.

supernanny19 no driving required/allowed. I have an assigned driver.

nannyafrica Tue 03-Mar-09 16:02:21

Hi tiredexplorer
I am having problems trying to change my settings, I will keep trying. I am also on nannyjob.co.uk (cv) maybe you could try there.

tiredexplorer Tue 03-Mar-09 16:40:37

nannyafrica, I've contacted you through nannyjob. Hope to hear from you soon.

nannyafrica Tue 03-Mar-09 18:32:42

Hi not had any email from nannyjob!!!! do you want to try my business email info@africannomadsafaris.com
well get there in the end.

nannynz Tue 03-Mar-09 18:45:34

Hi, I'd also like to hear more about this position. You can email me at nz _ us _ uk @hotmail.com , thanks in advance.

Occasional and Permanent Nannies and Burlington Nannies are two of my preferred agencies for over seas work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now