Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Calling Majorstress

(6 Posts)
uwila Thu 14-Apr-05 16:17:46

Hiya,
How's the new nanny working out? How are you?

uwila Thu 14-Apr-05 17:30:57

bump

uwila Thu 14-Apr-05 20:35:21

where are you?

uwila Fri 15-Apr-05 10:37:41

I hope this doesn't mean you really did run off and leave the husband and kids for a stress free life???

majorstress Fri 15-Apr-05 20:32:09

Hi! I took my parents, who return to the US on Monday, for a drive to visit some relatives near Luton, they were planning to go by train but they both had colds so I decided to take them and join them for a pub lunch-last time I had one was 4 years ago. My new nanny Nirvana seems fine, and she was free so I booked her for today as well and went out for the day (anxiously checking mobile batteries etc!). Had more anxiety when DH disappeared from all phone contact, having said he was taking afternoon off to come home anyway, and I got annoyed as we then had to hurry off back along M1 at rush hour in case he wasn't home-he wasn't either, (I am about to go extract explanation-he always does this and just CANNOT understand how I would be really happy if he said nothing but just surprised me once or twice a year by appearing early, rather than stressed out by his constantly promising practically every day, but only delivering on said promises once or twice a year!) but in any case we got through traffic in time not to be late for nanny knock-off time. Got back to find everything ok despite rainy day, kids enjoying toys newly unearthed for the first time since father christmas delivered them, and big plate of scones knocked up by dds! (with a little help from Nirvana ). I had vaguely gestured towards the baking gear and showed her when asked how to work the oven as I left. A busy happy scene- hey a couple of cups were NOT in the dishwasher-a wonderful sight to me-she understands my priorities!

uwila Sat 16-Apr-05 13:04:22

Oh good. Glad things are working out... Good luck (as it is a bit early to judge).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: