Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

ATTENTION CMS IF YOU VE EVER USED VISTAPRINT FOR STATIONARY

(15 Posts)
childminder90210 Wed 25-Feb-09 12:25:43

I used them for business cards etc for cm ing but have discovered i have been underhandedly subscribed to a monthly fee from them, mine is £9.95 but have read a bit on Monsysavingexpert and some people have been signed up for upto £15 every 28 days :-( please check if this has happened to you, dont want them getting anymore hard earned cash :-(

wannastartover Wed 25-Feb-09 12:47:53

I've used them loads and never had any problem, just before you check out there are always a few things they offer before you pay and one of them might have been ticked. Last time bought business cards and postcards with glossy front and paid under £2 for 250 each. it did take a little while to arrive but it wasnt urgent at the time.

So advice is make sure nothing is checked and check your confirmation email.

SammyK Wed 25-Feb-09 13:08:46

I agree wannastartover, you have to be very careful when ordering to ensure you only get the 'free' price with no extras or offersthat bump up the price.

Not use them for over a year but have found them great for cheap marketing materials.

n5rje Wed 25-Feb-09 13:12:38

My dp had a similar experience, IIRC he ended up having a subscription to something that he knew nothing about and eventually found out that it was something in their v. small print but he was able to cancel it eventually

HSMM Wed 25-Feb-09 13:32:39

I have used them a couple of times and have not had any trouble (so far)

ayla99 Wed 25-Feb-09 14:01:47

Thanks for sharing, hopefully people will read carefully before clicking!

I have ordered from Vistaprint several times but I do think it was very misleading the way they designed the web page and easy mistake to make. They made it look like you had to click to confirm your order but really your order had already gone through and clicking is agreeing to the costly subscription.

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Wed 25-Feb-09 16:47:33

I too had £10 a month taken from my account.

It took me 3 months to realise! My DH very nicely phoned them and was very polite and they refunded the money. Not sure if they would have done if I had got on the phone because I was so angry blush

They said I had agreed to join their club hmm

looneytune Wed 25-Feb-09 17:34:11

When I used to build childminder websites I used them to do them a load of business cards with their logos, no problems here either

Just don't fill in the Customer Satisfaction surveys they send you after you've ordered- that's when they start the £10pm 'subscription'!! I've been caught out twice by this - they refused to refund the first time, but I got the money back the second

I had this happen too, it was a completely hidden and underhanded way of doing it, I am very net savvy and they still got me angry

PAPERFREEK Sat 28-Feb-09 21:27:03

I ordered some of their free business cards about 3 weeks ago. I kept getting e.mails offering more goods. I just deleted them from my in box, I then sent one back saying I had no intention of using them again and please stop e.mailing me. I have not received my business cards yet and they have taken the money out of my bank account for the postage.

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 28-Feb-09 21:43:21

i have heard about this too someone i know lost quite a lot of money to them.

Leannabanana Wed 04-Mar-09 22:03:48

childminder90210 - exactly the same thing happened to me and it sent me over my credit card limit....luckily the natwest rang me and i was able to get a number to ring and cancel this ridiculous vista print reward service i had apparently signed up to so i only lost 20 quid.....so annoying tho. wont use them again. x

PAPERFREEK Thu 05-Mar-09 10:02:15

Could you please post the number you rang as i have still not received the cards and i have paid the postage. Also i would like the number in case any other monies come out of my account. Thanks

Leannabanana Thu 05-Mar-09 14:09:26

i don't still have the number i rang actually but my credit card company were the ones who gave me the number....maybe contact your cardholder and ask them for the number?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now