Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Looking for mothers help/baby sitter/au pair in Guildford

(5 Posts)
Dani888 Mon 09-Feb-09 16:57:26

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to work MOndays to Fridays. They would need to collect my 10 month old daughter from nursery school, so a drivers licence is essential, before 6pm. She would need to be bathed and put to bed by 8pm. She will not necessarily need to be fed as the nursery school would have fed her by the time you collect her. At times, you will need to be flexible to work extra hours.

Thanks
Dani

nannynick Mon 09-Feb-09 17:15:08

It isn't something I offer, as like many nannies who work during the day I don't provide evening babysitting until 7pm.

Think that the job you are offering may suit a student. Someone from Guildford College perhaps. You could try asking the Guildford College Careers Centre if they have a part-time jobs board - careers@guildford.ac.uk

Try putting a postcard advert in Martins newsagents (MacD's end of High Street), also possibly the one in Epsom Road.

Place an advert on Gumtree and NetMums West Surrey also Mumsnet Local: Guildford

nannynick Mon 09-Feb-09 17:45:08

Mumsnet Babysitters List - there are a couple who cover Guildford, but from the looks of it all start after 7pm.

You may need to find different people for different days. It isn't going to be ideal.

nannynick Mon 09-Feb-09 17:45:51

Have you asked at your DD's nursery? A member of Staff there may be willing to do it. Note: Nursery may charge you a fee.

Dani888 Tue 10-Feb-09 11:33:42

Hi,

thanks for the adviced and yes I've tried my DD's nursery school and like you say they aren't willing to do this permanently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now