Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Untitled

(5 Posts)
Thefearlessfreak Mon 26-Jan-09 09:22:13

Hi.. Wondered if any CMs could just let me know if my CM has requested a reasonable annual leave clause in our contract:

CM has 4 weeks A/L (unpaid)
Parent MUST also take 4 weeks A/L (paid)

This means I have to have leave from my work to cover hers AND then also take 4 weeks at different time from hers. i don't even get that much leave from work so it isn't possible for me & is extremely expensive!! (I thought initially that I can just work my A/L round hers & try & book hols at same time so we don't have to pay someone else etc)

Hope this makes sense! Thanks

HSMM Mon 26-Jan-09 09:30:30

You could both take your leave at the same time and pay her? My contracts do not specify weeks. If I am on leave parents do not pay. If parents are on leave then they do pay. It doesn't matter if it's 3 weeks, or 6 weeks, or if one of us doesn't take leave at all. I give parents plenty of notice if my leave, so they often take theirs at the same time and don't have to pay. If they can't take leave, I help them find another childminder to cover my leave. Hope that helps?

Thefearlessfreak Mon 26-Jan-09 09:49:53

Thanks..it does help. I could ask her if we could pay for some of her leave as you suggest. I'm stressing about it!

nomoreamover Mon 26-Jan-09 09:56:36

Its strange that she insists you take 4 weeks holiday.......a contract is a 2 way thing - it has to work for both of you.

Ask her if you could discuss holiday arrangements as they are stressing you out - it isn't reasonable to expect anyone to take 8 weeks holiday from work.

Please don't take offense to this but are you sure that you understand the contract correctly? Is it a standard NCMA contract?

Thefearlessfreak Mon 26-Jan-09 10:52:09

Hi nomore!! I wasn't going to admit it but you're on the ball...I'd gone downstairs & looked at the contract again. What it actually says is I must give 4 weeks NOTICE for my leave!

Sorry to waste time! I have pregnancy brain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now