Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Where do childminders advertise?

(12 Posts)
bookendspurley Wed 21-Jan-09 10:25:46

I just wanted some tips or ideas for advertising my spaces. I have aproched my local paper and I will be placing an ad there. What worked for you guys?

nomoreamover Wed 21-Jan-09 13:10:41

i only ever advertise on my local surestart childcarelink website - do you have one of those?

Its a county childrens information service I think its called.

I have also once had a child start from an ad in the yellow pages and both she and her parents were lovely - but have only ever had the one enquiry that way

missymoo2411 Wed 21-Jan-09 13:16:51

on my car window it really works and on netmums

thebody Wed 21-Jan-09 17:31:57

agree with all others, I also got mindee through mumsnet chat.Also outside school and post office.. Good luck

thebody Wed 21-Jan-09 17:31:58

agree with all others, I also got mindee through mumsnet chat.Also outside school and post office.. Good luck

thebody Wed 21-Jan-09 17:32:00

thebody Wed 21-Jan-09 17:32:01

MisterMaker Wed 21-Jan-09 18:36:51

Netmums has a childcare board for each region. You can place a posting on there. I've had a lot of responses from this type of advertising.

bookendspurley Thu 22-Jan-09 14:00:09

Thanks all, I will look for the regional board on here and look for the sure start site. I have ads on my window and in the PO and I have had some enquierys, but as they are all for different schools then I can pick up from and for an under 1 (I have a 6 mth old myself) I could not take them. It just seems to be my luck!!! smile

onepieceofbrusselssprout Thu 22-Jan-09 14:03:28

I am not a cm but I have a wondeful newly registerd cm. We "found" each other by word of mouth, I told all the mums at the school gate I needed a cm, at the same time she was telling them that she was taking on mindees. Pretty soon we were matched up. My dd1 is in the same class at school as her dc.

Also I got a list from the Family Information Service.

Good luck.

bookendspurley Thu 22-Jan-09 14:10:53

Thanks, I guess I'll just have to spread the word on the grape vine too. I have told a few Mams so maybe I should start being a bit bolder...

Illhavethisinsize12 Thu 22-Jan-09 14:32:26

hi
i am in south croydon area. do you attend stay and plays? are you networked? it helps as people often ask at the centres for childminders. most of my work though has been through word of mouth and childcarelink.
what schools to you pick up from>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now