Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Tuesday Staff Room

(24 Posts)
Shoshe Tue 20-Jan-09 06:59:08

Good Morning Ladies and how are we all this morning?

Numberfour Tue 20-Jan-09 07:01:41

Morning! All fine here, thanks! You all settled now after your move (aside from the BT debacle of course!)

Staying in today after school run to play with the toddlers and not to have to spend morning rushing between school runs and outings. The 11.30 preschool pick up is a bit of a pain, but don't tell DS i said that grin

thebumcleaner Tue 20-Jan-09 07:04:23

Morning. I am waiting for my first mindee who is late (normal, sometimes up to 90 minutes!) and then second mindee at 7.45 (who is usually early!)

Shoshe Tue 20-Jan-09 07:12:19

Yes new house is fab, love it, God knows when we will get BT tho.

Shoshe Tue 20-Jan-09 07:38:16

BT saga here

crace Tue 20-Jan-09 08:15:28

Morning! Shoshe, what a nightmare for you!!

Hey No4 - same here, preschool runs after school runs are a pain aren't they?

Hey TBC (wink) - It hurts when they are late that early, you could be sleeping! grin

Same old here, after schoolie - yesterday we had some swearing and generally being very rough so I need to get some firm and gentle rules laid down.

KatyMac Tue 20-Jan-09 08:26:06

Member of staff off with children ill

I am due to run a county council creche today - so I am short staffed

One little one threw up on the breakfast table

I don't think it's my week

Morning all

thebumcleaner Tue 20-Jan-09 08:35:23

Well, full of mindees now, she was only 45 minutes late so not too bad as here anyway, but laptop now playing up aarrgghhhh.

mumsanutter Tue 20-Jan-09 08:44:26

Morinng all, Sorry to hear that you aren't having a good week Katy.

Mums house is still in chaos - ds1 has got a horrible cough (sounds like croup) and has made himself sick so is off school ill hmm, so have made a doctors appt for him and ds4 who appears to have the same! Only thing is that appt is at 9.40 and I have to drop mindee and ds3 at nursery for 9.30.....hmm

Lets hope that the day gets better!!!! On a plus side I am under 14st the first time since I can't remember and I can get into some size 14 trousers grin, going to try to be really good for the next 2 weeks so that I feel good about myself when I go to NY grin

SammyK Tue 20-Jan-09 11:18:05

HI everyone smile

hope everyone is okay, I am just running in and out today, if anyone has time and hasn't already, could you read my relationship thread?

SammyK Tue 20-Jan-09 11:19:11

here

vInTaGeVioLeT Tue 20-Jan-09 11:32:30

hi everyone - grrrr - i have no work at all now my ad-hoc is finished until sometime(maybe if i'm lucky) in february.
my ds is poorly ATM so at least i didn't have to stress about cancelling mindees - there is always a silver lining smile
i have been manically sewing for my online shops so hope sales pick up again with the new lines.

SammyK Tue 20-Jan-09 18:13:46

Sorry about your mindee shortage Vi, what does your online shop sell? I love made stuff. smile Hope your ds feels better soon.

Mumsanutter - congrats on weight loss and envy at travels.

Hello to everyone, rare I seem to have time to get in here lately, my mindees have just left so gonna raid the slow cooker for curry am starving grin

vInTaGeVioLeT Tue 20-Jan-09 18:37:15

hi SammyK my shops sell handmade "stuff" and vintage haberdashery! here's some links FOLKSY SHOP and ETSY SHOP and here's my crafty [[ http://maximumrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/ blog too]] - well you did ask ! grin

vInTaGeVioLeT Tue 20-Jan-09 18:38:03

ooopps blog

SammyK Tue 20-Jan-09 18:38:23

oooh! Off to peek. I am desperate for any kind of distraction from my relationship TBH grin

SammyK Tue 20-Jan-09 18:48:43

Ooooh BUTTONS!! grin I lurve buttons, when we were kids my mum had a tin of buttons I used to be fascinated with. You are very talented Vi love your felt brooches, I would love to do something like this. smile

my DS (all of us actually) love Doctor Who, he has a Doctor outfit and screwdriver too.

crace Tue 20-Jan-09 19:51:06

Violet your stuff is GORGEOUS - you are one clever lady

KatyMac Tue 20-Jan-09 20:01:12

I want the felt flower & the green buttons please

I think they are lovely

vInTaGeVioLeT Tue 20-Jan-09 21:53:15

oooohh really Katymac?

KatyMac Wed 21-Jan-09 08:02:19

Yes please - can I send you a chq (I don't do modern things like paypal grin) you can wait unyil it clears to send them to me

It's the heart buttons & the purple flower & if you remind me in a few weeks I might like another flower in another colour (when I've been paid wink)

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 21-Jan-09 09:28:25

thanks KatyMac smile - if you pay by postal order i can send out straight away, but a cheque is fine too, if you eMail me on vintagevioletsbuttons dot yahoo dot co dot uk - we can swap details!

alibubbles Wed 21-Jan-09 14:46:47

I love your buttons, and everything else, makes me think of my childhood! I must buy something, do you make any other cards?

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 21-Jan-09 20:28:09

thanks alibubbles smile yep i do make other cards i'm going to try and get more stuff listed soon - it's hard getting good photo's atm though as it's such grey weather - check back on shops occasionally and i'll update!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now