Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Information on becoming a childminder

(5 Posts)
uwila Fri 01-Apr-05 21:46:33

My nanny has just given me notice. I talked to her a bit about careers that I thought might suit her better. On of which is being a childminder instead of a nanny. She was interested, but we couldn't find on the web where she would start, what's required to register, etc. It's a while off because she doesn't have a house in which top operate. She has a job in Social work which she will go to when she leaves here in mid May. But, I wanted to help her look into options of being a childminder in the future.

Can someone point me to the right organisation/website?

Xena Fri 01-Apr-05 21:49:10

She will need to contact her local Childrens information Service. The council should be able to put her through or give her the number.

KatieMac Fri 01-Apr-05 21:51:36

Also Ofsted
CIS (at your councils website) has lists of C/Mers and there might be a local group - she could contact for advise.

I accosted a C/Mer in the library when I was trying to decide if it was for me. She could reg as a homeminder - this is a C/Mer in someone elses house (gets Public Liability Ins-more easily than as a nanny)

She can C/M in rented accomodation

uwila Fri 01-Apr-05 22:32:53

Oh, homeminder is a good idea. I'll suggest that to her. Is it the same procedure for registration?

KatieMac Sat 02-Apr-05 20:40:35

Virtually identical - have to be C/Mer first then become homeminder (I think they can be done together)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: