Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any childcare providers that are super flexible for cabin crew???Advice pls!

(12 Posts)
lionsandtigersandbears Mon 12-Jan-09 16:23:07

Hiya, am long haul crew based at Heathrow, am hoping to be able to go back to work in few months but wondering how realisic childcare is going to be as crew. My DP is a 9-5er so weekends/evenings ok but how easy will it be to organise necessary care on a 7-8 week timetable (eg every 7ish weeks I would be able to say 'I need so many days this week, nothing the week after then 2 days following week....' if you get my gist. Obviously jobs hard to come by and about to start promotion but DS comes first and if not possible then I'll let go of my wings.....thankyou in anticipation.

littlestarschildminding Mon 12-Jan-09 16:31:39

As a cm fairly near to heathrow I have taken children of cabin crew in the past. I charge for the max you will need each week to hold the place...eg if you would max need Monday-Friday 9am-5pm then you would have to pay for that amount of space...but I am then very flex about hours worked..eg one week I might work Mon-Fri 1pm-12 midnight the next week I might work Mon, Tue Fri 7am-2pm...etc

Its just a case of finding someone flexible

nomoreamover Mon 12-Jan-09 16:38:20

as long as you're happy to pay some sort of retainer during the times you don't need childcare then I'm sure you'll find a childminder who will be happy to accomodate - good luck!

Bink Mon 12-Jan-09 16:40:14

Also - there is a dedicated agency, set up by an ex-cabin crew person, that does childcare specifically for & as required by cabin crew. Basic idea is to share caring between crew families, so's to give carers a constant job around shift patterns.

It had an ad in the latest Maternity Nanny Training outfit newsletter ... hang on, will do some searching.

Bink Mon 12-Jan-09 16:43:13

Found it: Flying Tots

lionsandtigersandbears Mon 12-Jan-09 18:08:49

thanks, you're all fab!

lionsandtigersandbears Mon 12-Jan-09 18:13:41

Littlestars....I dont know whether you can post on this (sorry not sure of protocol) but would you be able to give me an idea of prices, esp as you are prob localish to me.

mumlove Mon 12-Jan-09 18:39:27

I replied on your other thread but have you had a look on childcarelink, just put in your postcode to find childcare near to you.

littlestarschildminding Mon 12-Jan-09 18:47:31

Lionsandtogersandbears I charge 6ph ... or £250 for full time (up to 55 hrs) I am in Ealing/ Hanwell area so probably slightly more expensive than say Twickenham/ Hounslow area.... depends which side of Heathrow you are :-)

My fees include nappies/ wipes/ food/ outings etc

HTH

OneLieIn Mon 12-Jan-09 18:49:54

There is a place in Windsor, cannot remember the name but its on William Street I think. Anyway it is specifically for people who work odd hours and opens at 6am or something and is open til midnight. I will try and find hte name out for you.

nannynick Tue 13-Jan-09 01:03:53

Wrap Around Childcare - 17 William Street, Windsor. It's a nursery.
Looks like care is provided 4am-11pm, split into blocks, so looks like you can book individual blocks if necessary.

alison79 Tue 13-Jan-09 08:21:39

Hi,

I am a childminder based in Hampton Wick which is near to Heathrow. Would be happy to see if I can acommodate your needs

alisoncorreia@gmail.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now