Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Temporary Nanny Needed - St Albans - Immediate start

(20 Posts)
tomwill Sun 04-Jan-09 22:29:35

To look after my two boys aged 5 and 9. A mess up with the diary and boys not back to school until 12 Jan. Looking for lovely kind experienced nanny to care for boys this week Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at our home in St Albans.

kkey21 Sun 04-Jan-09 22:37:38

Hi there-oh typical, i am looking for some work but not about this week as partner on bed rest having had an op so needs my help! I am in Herts too with 12 years experience in childcare. Thats such a shame. Out of interest what hours would you be requiring as i will text a few Nanny friends.
Thank you

tomwill Sun 04-Jan-09 23:31:25

Oh yes that's such a shame sad.

Hours would probably be 8am to 7pm either all three days or two days.

Lately I've been using a CM for after school care but my boys get such long hols (21 weeks per year) I'm struggling during these times because my CM can't do full days. I'd be interested in establishing an arrangement for some of the holidays with a nanny for the future.

But right now I'm really desperate to sort next week out (although getting sucked into MN treads that are just so entertaining!).

littlestarschildminding Mon 05-Jan-09 08:06:51

Paula from www.mummyknowsbest.co.uk is in St Albans...she does mostly maternity work but does do some emergency nannying if she is free....she comes on here so maybe she will be along soon...

tomwill Mon 05-Jan-09 10:24:51

Thanks.

PaulaatMummyKnowsBest Mon 05-Jan-09 12:31:52

Message withdrawn

tomwill Mon 05-Jan-09 16:00:17

I cancelled you because you were committed with an expected labour from other lady and you could not therefore be sure you could accommodate so I had to make other arrangements. Our discussions were based on provisional dates and at no time did I confirm with you.

I'm sorry you felt I let you down but frankly that was not the case and I feel alittle cross at your tone under the circumstances.

SimpleAsABC Mon 05-Jan-09 23:40:29

Yikes!

tomwill Mon 05-Jan-09 23:50:19

Yikes indeed! If it sounded strong it's because I feel rather aggreved that this Nanny is insinuating I'm not a good person to work for and not an honourable person - I always keep my word and very much appreciate those people who care for my kiddies.

I just felt it was unfair of Paula to post her unjust grivence - because she couldn't confirm the dates I needed due to expected D date of another ladies baby I had to look at plan b. It does go both ways.

hellogoodbye Tue 06-Jan-09 00:01:08

If you get really stuck I can possibly do friday but not the other days. I am a registered childminder (but don't CM on a friday so could come to you) and can provide you with Excellent references, CRB, Ofsted certificate etc. If you are interested, could you maybe post your direct email address? I am not that close to you, but it is not too far for a tempory arrangement. I can provide you more details if you are interested in just the one day.

Please note though I would need to bring my Daughter with me. She is 1 year old and is very used to this sort of arrangement and loves other children.

If you are interested please let me know on here, or through CAT. Thanks

mogs0 Tue 06-Jan-09 00:17:59

I have a friend who might be available but will have to wait until tomorrow to text her...

tomwill Tue 06-Jan-09 12:44:54

Thank you Mogs0 and hellogoodbye. Your offers of help are much appreciated however because of urgency I have had to contact an agency who have arranged for a lovely nanny to help on all of the days so got it covered.

Many thanks smile

tomwill Sat 15-Aug-09 21:07:22

Please note I am NOT an agency but a mum struggling to find childcare yet again(angry)

twinkletoescare Sun 16-Aug-09 12:15:48

Tomwill, Are you looking for childcare again?

madusa Sun 16-Aug-09 12:52:11

you seem to be very unlucky with your childcare arrangements Tomwill

Natty54321 Sun 16-Aug-09 15:25:58

Hi , What are you looking for as i'm a NNEB nanny looking for temp work. I'm in London but it's not that far from you on the train.

wondering why this old message popped up again today?

LaurieFairyCake Sun 16-Aug-09 15:36:49

Because the original OP is looking for childcare again smile

twinkletoescare Sun 16-Aug-09 17:15:50

Tomwill if you are looking for care again check out my website as i may be able to help
here

sally84 Wed 23-Sep-09 10:10:19

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now