Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Does your local council fund your NVQ childcare course?

(9 Posts)
CrushWithEyeliner Thu 18-Dec-08 14:35:23

I have a "friend" who said hers does but I think she may be having me on as ours said they don't do that anymore and haven't done fro ages.....


cmnorthtyne Thu 18-Dec-08 14:40:42

I did my NVQ3 in Children's Care Learning and Developement and it was actually funded by NCMA - if you're a member it might be worth contacting them. Our local authority does it too - ring your Family Information Services to find out.

CrushWithEyeliner Thu 18-Dec-08 14:56:58

thanks cm - sorry what is the NCMA?

Orangutan Thu 18-Dec-08 15:14:49

Our council funds the ICP (Intro to Childcare practice) but not NVQ.

NCMA = National Chilminding Association

FeelingOld Thu 18-Dec-08 16:12:29

I am a childminder and am currently doing CCLD nvq level 3 and i have been funded by train to gain if thats any help.

ActiveC Thu 18-Dec-08 16:56:15

With the implementation of the graduate leader fund, all courses up to level 3 are now being funded by train to gain. Your local early years dept should be able to give you futher guidance.

CrushWithEyeliner Fri 19-Dec-08 08:58:48

thank you all so much x

JenniPenni Fri 19-Dec-08 22:02:25

I am doing the Diploma in Homebased Childcare and this is funded by my borough.

abba1772 Sat 20-Dec-08 21:30:57

i am nearly finished my nvq3 ccld which is funded by my local council and i have just been offered my nvq 3 in playwork

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: