Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

aaagh...it's raining!!!

(4 Posts)
nicm Mon 21-Mar-05 08:03:37

and i've got 6 kids to keep entertained today!! ages are 3 11 yo's, a 9 yo and 2 7 yo's. i've decided on a home treasure hunt but anyone got any other ideas, please the 7 yo's are ok, enjoy making things, etc but the older ones get bored really easily.

tia

nailpolish Mon 21-Mar-05 08:15:39

have you got board games or a deck of cards? a game of monopoly can last all day....

Ameriscot2005 Mon 21-Mar-05 08:16:41

Do school-age kids need entertaining? I just ignore mine during the holidays and find that this way they are forced into creativity.

One of the holiday games that my kids like doing is making a film. They have to come up with a plot, scripts, props and costumes. Then they need to rehearse, film, possibly edit the film, burn it, then have the viewing.

Earlybird Mon 21-Mar-05 08:21:28

We used to love putting a sheet over the dining table (one that reached most/all the way to the floor), and then making a "house" inside. We'd bring in pillows, blankets, soft toys, books, radios, etc. We'd sit for hours in there playing with a torch for extra light when we wanted to read. Maybe yours would enjoy that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: