Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Monday Staff Room

(24 Posts)
Shoshe Mon 03-Nov-08 06:48:09

And I'm all ready for Ofsted to come this week.

Bring it on!

NumberFour Mon 03-Nov-08 07:22:00

Good for you, Shoshe! Must be a reliefsmile

I cannot even face the morning today, let alone OFSTED.

I will say good morning once I have had my coffee........

Shoshe Mon 03-Nov-08 07:27:49

No.4 It was actually a good time for them to come TBH.

I had just issued new contracts to everybody, as nearly all my under5's had changed.

I had just completely overhauled my policies and Handbook, in line with EYFS.

And as I am accredited, i did Obs and Planning anyway, but I had to change the way I recorded them for EYFS instead of Foundation Curriculum, so had started new files for all the kids on that in September.

Started my SEF, then lost server, got back on after 3 days to find that someone has lost a memory key with passwords on for the Gov. Gateway, so they have closed all access at the moment, here so its their fault its not done and submitted grin (at least that is what I am telling the Inspector

coolj Mon 03-Nov-08 07:55:19

Morning all. I had a crappy nights sleep, ended up with DS3 in bed with me as he wasnt tired due to sleeping a lot yesterday but I was tired so took him to bed with me. DP wasnt tired so stayed up most of night but woke me at 4am to tell me that. He was sent to spare room angry. At 6am my DS1 woke me up as he had a bad dream hmm so crawled in bed beside me, his brother and the cat. By this stage I was so awake I gave up trying to get back to sleep. Luckily Im not working today.

Well done Shoshe for getting all your paperwork done. Good luck with Ofsted, let us know how you got on.

Have a good day everyone smile

mumlove Mon 03-Nov-08 08:08:18

Morning everyone.

Only 2 mindees today. 1 to take to school with DD and 1 stay at home.
We are going to our childrens centre today as it's the 1st day open.

Shoshe - Goodluck, will be thinking of you this week. Did you tell them any times that you were out so they couldn't come or are you just staying home!

Hope everyone has a great day. Only 7 weeks until school breaks up for christmas grin.

Shoshe Mon 03-Nov-08 08:11:55

We are out every morning ML, the Inspector said, if she wasn't there by 10.30 to go, which is a load of use as the activities start at 9.30!

So we will be staying home this week, which is a pain as its my eldest SAHMindees last week, and I wanted to do something nice with her.

By the time all my others have had a after lunch sleep its time to do the school run, so no time in the afternoon either.

SammyK Mon 03-Nov-08 09:35:24

Morning everyone. smile

Good luck with your inspection shoshe, sounds like you have everyhting under control.

DS back to nursery this morning after half term - he was not impressed. sad

I am just having a cuppa while I wait for first mindee to arrive.

countPINKCHICKula Mon 03-Nov-08 10:27:53

HI everyonesmile..good luck with OFSTED Shoshe!..last ins i had, i told THEm when i would be in (i said we had activities on mon, tue and wed so only thur and fri were free!..she said fine and shed come on the morning of one of those dayssmile..when she didnt arrive thurs, it was obv she was coming fri! so was already preparedsmile..however, it still send the fear of god into me when i wonder when my next one will be!!!

Hey Sammysmile..how did it go yesterday?, did ds enjoy himself?, did you get a breaksmile?

Well did school run with dd and mindee this morn and 'should' be tidying now for mindee to arrive at 11.30-1.30 and second mindee to come 1.00-5.30..second mindee is baby so harder work, then school run for dd and 2 mindees at 3!..dd's on packed lunches for first time todaysmile...she doesnt eat much and although she was trying new foods on school dinnners, id rather she tried them at home, meaning she gets a proper dinner at school, so today shes got german sausage and cheese wraps which were warmed in oven this morn, so all cheese meltedsmile, picnic egg, cheese, grapes, yogurt, cherry toms, fresh apple juice and hob nob flap jack!..no way shell eat all that but at least she has plenty of choicesmile

welll...better go tidy up then..wont do itself!smile.x

SammyK Mon 03-Nov-08 10:57:42

Hi PC, DS missed me apparently, my mumalso found headlice on him so had to delouse his head yesterday. hmm Did mine too just in case as he doesn't leave me alone. That lunch sounds nice! smile

I am feeling a newsletter coming on. hmm
In it will be please dress your children warmly.
Please stop turning up 45 mins late with no communication.
Please tell me as soon as you know if your child won't be attending.
Please pay me. On time. Or apologuse profusely and pay your late payment fees.
P.S. best to check your dcs for headlice.
Will have to put it more professionaly obviously! grin

countPINKCHICKula Mon 03-Nov-08 11:24:36

Hiya chick!

Oh no, what timing eh! smile..yes def get news letter out, i just got your email, didnt realise you were full time agian now!, not surprised your finding it hard!

ive had same probs with parents, not (re not arriving on time) i just go!..they dont like it/get niffed and snotty but ive told them no end of times i wont make my dd and other children late just becasue they are, nor will i miss taking them to regular/planned groups, so if not here, they bring to were i am or later!..rock ard' me y'knowwinksmile

Shoshe Mon 03-Nov-08 12:11:33

well no Inspector today. Bet its Friday before she is here grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 03-Nov-08 13:37:26

Hi all

Back to busy busy busy this week

Fingers crossed that Ofsted come tomorrow so that your week is no longer in limbo shoshe

Have a great day everyone

countPINKCHICKula Mon 03-Nov-08 13:45:28

hmmm..opinions please!..took on a mindee for 2hrs a day 5 days (mum working lunches at school)..as i 'thought' mum wouldnt be getting paid during hols etc, i said she 'didnt have to pay' during school hols...NOHING..even tho i ususally charge a retainer (1/2 fee) as i didnt think it 'fair' as she only works one hour but needs me for 2 while she travels there and back.
NOW..mum just picked up, school have messed her about terrible, she doesnt even know STILL what her wage is!, but she mentioned that she THINKS they DO get paid during hols!?..so (as i know her, my and her dd are friends) i said oh i didnt know that?, thats why i made your contract diff form everyone elses in that you dont pay retainer as i didnt think you were paid, so didnt think it fair??..and she said oh yes, she 'thinkks' she does (she honestly doesnt know)..SO ..ive told ehr to jsut get herself sorted first (find out wages etc) and then we'll sort it out..but CAN i really change it???, i would feel bad, but the only reason i said i wouldnt charge is cos i thought she wouldnt be paid and ddnt want her to have to find 1/2 fees from mid air????..what to do!

hpgoneforgood Mon 03-Nov-08 13:46:21

Afterrnoon ladies. Shoshe good luck with your inspection. They have changed the way of doing inspections in my area, now, 10 names will go in a hat from each area each week and one will be chosen at random for an inspection. So it won't matter if you were inspected last week, last month, last year etc you can get a call at anytime. Also they give you one day notice and say they will be there in the next 3 days but according to minders in my area they always turn up on day one.

countPINKCHICKula Mon 03-Nov-08 15:36:18

dear god, am shaking, just got in from school run with dd and 2 mindees..5yr old mindee decided to let go of other mindees hand just as we were crossing (we walke like a chain, one hold buggy/my hand, others hold eachothers hand, same everytime we're out!), i was trying to dodge thru school run chaos turned round as we stepped out and mindee was still stood on other side of road staring in the opposite direction!!!..couldnt turn round as had buggy and dd, mindee and loads of people behind, so i shouted to lolly pop lady KEEP HER THERE!, by this time more people had gatherd at crossing so mindee was in middle of them..after about 2 minutes (im shouting frantically to stay there but traffic was very loud and lots of people talking around) she turned around, came out of her daze, realised i wasnted there..saw me putting my hands up and shouting x STAY THERE!..she then BOLTED out straight towards the traffic!!..lolly pop lady actually had to block her with the stick to stop her...a split second later she would have been under the wheels of a carshocksad..how the hell do i explain that without me looking ilike the worst childminder in the worldsad

looneytune Mon 03-Nov-08 20:31:41

Just popped in to see if Shoshe had her inspection. Hopefully you won't have to wait til Friday!!

Catch up later if I can, I'm too knackered right now after a mental day. I've had 11 adults, 10 babies/toddlers and 5 bigs kids in my house today and I've just finished cleaning.

Oh......anyone know how you get playdoh out of a rug???? hmm

KatyMac Mon 03-Nov-08 20:36:45

Oh Pinkchick - are you OK? Have you calmed down?

You don't need to hear this - but you need to write an incident report - ideally get the lollipop lady to sign it & possibly inform OFSTED - ring NCMA for advise

PinkChick Tue 04-Nov-08 09:41:57

Am OK KAty, was wondering if i did need to inform ofsted or not.
Spoke to mum this morning and said as this kind of thing does NOT happen to me, im ANAL about road safety and the safety of the children, that i now wanted to use wrist straps for the younger children (or those most likely to do this!)..mum wasnt happy!!!..i said that as its happend once i cant just think oh it wont happen again, so i now MUST take steps to ensure it DOESNT!..she said i would need ot ask her dd 'if she would mind'!!..you know when later you think..EH????..no sorry, if i am to keep the children safe and this particular child is now known to bolt like this then i HAVE to prevent it happening again!..so im waiting to get through to surestart (cant get into retail aprk today) to see if they have and wrist straps i can buy...so what would i say to ofsted? or should i write to them and detail what happend and what action i have now taken (risk assesment) to prevent it ever happening again??

PinkChick Tue 04-Nov-08 09:42:38

sorry, i DID tell mum last night, but as it was playing on my mind 'what if' i sopke to her again about the wrist straps.

KatyMac Tue 04-Nov-08 10:12:21

Um - I guess email them with a copy of the incident report signed by parent, you (& lollipop lady?)and all the stuff below

Then record you conversations with the mum

Then record how you are going to prevent it happening again - include mum's concerns

It might be worth the mum signing you record of how you are going to prevent it as well

PinkChick Tue 04-Nov-08 10:16:27

right, will do that..lollypop lady off today though??..hope we didnt give her a heart attack!

PinkChick Tue 04-Nov-08 11:22:22

Hi Katy and everyone...just called ofsted to pay my eyfs reg fee and told them about yesterday at same time asking what i should do, she said they dont need to know about it as long as no 'action' had to be taken ie: she was hurt/lost=emergency services called etc..that filling out incident report is good practice however as lots of children would do this, most cm's wouldnt even do that!..so i explained id sought advice from a guru of cm'ingwink and had filled out report to be signed by parent including what i would do to prevent and she said she wished there were more like us!!!!...so sorted...will complete report when 2 hour mindee comes and goes ready for other mum tonight!..thanks Katysmile

KatyMac Tue 04-Nov-08 11:24:48

I'm glad they don't want a formal notification - it does make it easier

Glad it's sorted...not sure I am a guru tho' blush - maybe a busy body

PinkChick Tue 04-Nov-08 12:09:01

No way!..you always give excellent advice!..dont put yourself down!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now