Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

WEEKEND STAFF ROOM OPEN

(11 Posts)
coolj Sat 01-Nov-08 09:09:02

Good morning everyone. Im back from holidaying in Scotland visiting loads of family, some who I havent seen for years, and even then only at funerals sad.

We had a great time, we went sledging (indoors on real snow), eating, drinking, cinema etc. Didnt want to come back to normality. blush

Today its a lovely, blue sky, sunny, freezing day.

Coffee pot is on, teas ready and buttered crumpets are on the side.

Have a good day smile

looneytune Sat 01-Nov-08 09:47:28

Morning. Pleased you had a great time I'll grab a cuppa but leave the crumpets for now thanks as got SIL staying with us and she's doing us poached egg on toast shortly

Had a horrible day yesterday, ds2 (now 4 months) was poorly with a fever, was moaning lots but no proper cries as too weak to and he just seemed so poorly. Dr said he's got a chest infection so prescribed AB's, liquid ibuprofen and nasal drops and said to give him all that and calpol too. Anyway, half hour after the ABs and IB, his temp dropped right down and he finally went to sleep. AND....he didn't wake up til around 3am, just had a feed and went back to sleep and fever still gone so now we can just give the AB's and hopefully he'll be fine. Was so lovely to have him smiling again today after being unhappy all day yesterday!

What's everyone got planned for today then? Dh is out for the day and SIL is taking ds1 out for a long walk at some point in the hope I can get some much needed work done.

Have a good day everyone

tulip31 Sat 01-Nov-08 10:27:31

Morning, just a coffee for me going to have a prawn bagette in a minute!

Well I'm working until 8pm tonight (and tomorrow), so we have had breakfast and been to tesco and now the children are playing. Ds3 is going to a friends at 12.30 for the afternoon, and then the rest of us have to take ds1 to his karate lesson. Dinner is in the slow cooker, so that the children can eat when we get back from karate, and then we might have a dvd night - sit and chill with some pop corn (will have to visit Blockbusters on the way home and use my nectar points!)grin

Have a good weekend everyone, ds4 is getting cuddlely, so nap time coming.... better go wink

mumnosbest Sat 01-Nov-08 11:14:25

Hi everyone!
Is it nearly lunchtime yet. Gonna have poached egg too (thanks looneytune), wasn't even thinking about food till 2 mins ago! We went to the best halloween party last night (at local pub). My 2 and niece loved it. I even had a go at apple bobbing (ds was a bit upset he could't catch an apple). By the time I finished people must have thought I'd dressed for halloween too, mascara everywhere! blush Nothing to do today so I'm lazing about the house, still in my dressing gown blush . Can't go anywhere till I've washed ds's hairgel out. He looks scary!

looneytune Sat 01-Nov-08 11:28:46

Right, SIL taken ds1 out so I must crack on but where do I start????!!!! ARRGGGHHHH

tulip31 Sat 01-Nov-08 11:36:19

Looney, I usually start at the top and work my way down (the dust settles on the floor this way and it gets cleaned up - instead of left on the shelves!!!). Hope your poached eggs were nice, going to get my bagette and grapefruit juice now.

looneytune Sat 01-Nov-08 12:11:31

Tulip - lol, I have it in carrier bags and in no particular order plus many things on my list in my head grin. Done this months receipts and sent emails to parents with some queries I had. Now got a big pad and writing a list of what needs doing and then can put in some sort of order. Reckon ds2 is going to want to get out of his chair in a mo though, just hope he'll settle again after as this time with no ds2 is vital!! Enjoy your lunch

SammyK Sat 01-Nov-08 20:06:17

Hi everyone.

I am down in the dumps at spending my weekend on coursework, soo can't wait to finish it, seems never ending! hmm
Feel crappy that I can't manage everything, if I even look at more than one question at a time I get over anxious. sad

Hope you all having a better weekend than me!
Have made a big batch hotchoc as my house is cold again, help yourselves.

vInTaGeVioLeNcE Sun 02-Nov-08 00:40:15

hello everyone smile
haven't been on mn for ages.
i've got one mindee one day a week shock and he's potty training [typical!]

i really need to do my tax return but i can't be arsed!

byyyyeee grin

mumnosbest Sun 02-Nov-08 11:42:16

Hi vint and welcome back

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-08 13:49:58

Hi everyone

I'm back from 5 days in Southwold - gosh was it cold

DH has lit the fire, I have opened the post, answered my emails & listened to my messages on the phone

I think I'm ready for bed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now