Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: How differences between current best practice and parental wishes can be resolved amicably and in the best interests of the child.

(8 Posts)
SammyK Thu 30-Oct-08 21:25:28

(K3C424 in unit 314)

anyone??? hmm grin

MOrticiaAdams Thu 30-Oct-08 21:32:12

Ummmmm. It's jack shit to do with best bleedin practice and all about what the parent wants for their child? grin You better not put that though!

I am clueless, I'm afraid Sammy, but I couldn't resist!

SammyK Thu 30-Oct-08 21:43:13

Exactly.

Can't put that though can I?! grin

Parent's wishes unless a real risk to child I would say! hmm

MOrticiaAdams Thu 30-Oct-08 21:49:56

Sounds about right. I think you'll have to say something like, 'as a CM I will always work within Ofsted guidelines where ever possible, but will also respect the wishes of the parent at the same time. As long as the welfare & general safety of the child, is not at risk, I will understand that parents are ultimately in control of their childrens upbringing. Where ever possible, I will suggest and advise alternatives, if I feel the childs safety is compromised.'

How did I do? grin

SammyK Thu 30-Oct-08 21:51:39

'A*' to Mo grin

Bloody NVQ what was I thinking?! hmm

SammyK Thu 30-Oct-08 21:54:45

Thank you MML, how are you? Still liking the big girl's job?

MOrticiaAdams Thu 30-Oct-08 22:07:31

Oh I love it! I've got a new big girl job actually. I'm in charge of sorting cover teachers out every day! I get to have a two way radio and a mobile phone! I march around the school, at a pace, making sure classes are covered and making sure teachers are happy with the covers I've sent. Its great! The kids have also got a new found respect for me, because only the senior management team have radios and they think I'm important! grin Slight draw back, I have to be in at 7.15shockto take all the calls from teachers phoning in sick!

SammyK Fri 31-Oct-08 08:56:55

Sounds good! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now